Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baluster Count

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
4241 Views, 20 Replies

Baluster Count

Does someone knows how to count in a schedule the amount and size of baluster I have in my file??   I had been searching and I didnt find anywere on the web.  I will appreciate your help.

Thanks

Tags (2)
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
dzanta
in reply to: Anonymous

create a calculated value parameter as a formula (length/0'-4").  Use the baluster spacing to determine the denominator value.  See image.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 21
guillermo4JEUL

Hi, is there now a way to schedule the baluster amount?

I would like to know if there is a way to get the count of baluster without the formula, because I have several types of railings, with some complicated situation where the formula does not give me accurate amounts including different types of baluster in the same railing, so I want to schedule them by type in order to buy the amount enough of each type. So it could save me hours of work if I can get the count of baluster by type.

Thanks!

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
Message 4 of 21
ToanDN
in reply to: guillermo4JEUL

How about nest a shared generic model family (without any geometry) in the baluster family and schedule them in project?

Message 5 of 21
guillermo4JEUL
in reply to: ToanDN

That sounds like an Idea, I'll try that!

Thanks!

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
Message 6 of 21
ToanDN
in reply to: guillermo4JEUL

It doesn't work.  Don't waste your time.

Message 7 of 21
guillermo4JEUL

ohh, Thanks!

Well thanks anyway, for this time I'll make a mix between the formula and manual count, just to get the job done, but if anyone came with an idea please share for future circumstances.

I appreciate your help and time ToanTD.

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
Message 8 of 21
augidomeo
in reply to: dzanta

Oh no formularOh no formular

dotuanhanh.blogspot.com
Message 9 of 21
ebpavan

Not only baluster is impossible to be counted without tricks, but also handrail and railing profiles total length. (edited)

Message 10 of 21
ebpavan
in reply to: ebpavan

If someone could point this issue out to Autodesk for an update, it would be great. (edited).

Message 11 of 21
augidomeo

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/revit-wishlist/td-p/5306169

we had many writers: "desire"/"dream of great features"/"plead for this repair"...
i expressed to adsk, maybe i wrote each other with you: "desire"/"dream of great features"/"plead for this repair"...
Again!

dotuanhanh.blogspot.com
Message 12 of 21
syman2000

There are lots of user requesting to fix the railing and stair tool. I agree they are broken and require a lot of workaround. I wish autodesk will finally put a real effort to fix the existing tools and revamp it for upcoming release rather than stick to old tool that haven't update for over a decade. Just support the ideas and comment on it. Hope Autodesk finally listen to their users.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/a-stair-tool-that-actually-works/idi-p/9658526

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 13 of 21

As a workaround you could use supports as balusters and schedule those.

Message 14 of 21

Found this alternative using Dynamo... haven't tested it, just thought I'd drop it here aswell...

Message 15 of 21
ToanDN
in reply to: martijn_pater

Add a shared generic family with a name and no geometry to the baluster family. Then schedule it in project.
Message 16 of 21
martijn_pater

Didnt you suggest the same in post 4 and then came to the conclusion in post 6 it didnt work? 😄

Message 17 of 21
ToanDN
in reply to: martijn_pater

Did I?
Message 18 of 21
martijn_pater

Lol I don't know 😐 you got me all confused, is it different?

Message 19 of 21
assyhassan_ha

Isolate the Railing category in 3D View, export it to DWG, and in AutoCAD select All, Explode All. 
Now, you can select any Type of Balusters and with SelectSimilar & CTRL 1 It is done. 

Message 20 of 21
DoHungNam

Great!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report