Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Area Plan

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1973 Views, 3 Replies

Automatic Area Plan

Hi,

I am working on a big building that is being converted into a market and the shop layout changes regularly.

I was wondering if it is possible to automatically add area boundaries to the inside of the walls without having to draw the boundaries each time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
angelica.rodriguez.3d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You can use pick lines and lock them before selecting elements in the drawing. Therefore if the location of a wall changes, it will update the location of the boundary line of the area.

Hope that helps.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: angelica.rodriguez.3d

Hi Angelica,

Thank you for your answer. Can't believe i didn't think of that, probably because i manually drew in the lines so it never locked them to the walls. Picking the line works and it saves a lot of time thanks.

I just have one more question about areas and it might be a stupid question i am supposed to already know, but is there a way to get a value that isn't rounded up. Example is if the room is 4.7 square meters it automatically rounds it up to 5 square meters. Is there a way to get it to say the exect number without rounding up?

Thanks again for your time and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 4 of 4
angelica.rodriguez.3d
in reply to: Anonymous

It depends on the format of the area units that you may be using in your area tag or in the project units.

Go to Manage, Project Units and change the deciaml places to suit what you want.

Project Units.jpg

Just bear in mind that if you change the project units, that will change a number of settings (Units in schedules, tags).

You can also change the units in the area in the area tag family, See below where the green arrow points, that's the place to change the unit format of that particular label:

Label units.jpg

Don't forget to accept the answer so other people can find the solution to the same question.. And kudo 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report