Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Desktop App wont open, cant uninstall

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
a_paynter
255 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk Desktop App wont open, cant uninstall

Hi there,

not a Revit post but i couldnt find anywhere else to post this.

Basically the Autodesk Desktop App has suddenly stopped working. It's no big deal in and of itself, Revit, Autocad and 3DS Max are all still working just fine, but it is curious.

The message i get when i try to open it is "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable". I've run SFC and CHKDSK scans, everything on the drive appears to be in working order.

When i try to uninstall the Autodesk Desktop App, Windows tells me that the "removeAdAppMgr.exe" file cant be found anymore.

How can i safely remove the carcass of this app from my computer and then reinstall it?

Thank you in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Lachlan-JWP
in reply to: a_paynter

Have you tried using the Autodesk Uninstall tool?

LachlanJWP_0-1648677590162.png

Message 3 of 8
barthbradley

Version 8.3.0.71 ?  

Message 4 of 8
ennujozlagam

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autodesk-desktop-app/autodesk-desktop-app-wont-uninstall/td-p/6420947

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 8
a_paynter
in reply to: Lachlan-JWP

i have not but i will now, thanks for the tip

Message 6 of 8
a_paynter
in reply to: barthbradley

no i think it was the previous version. I had noticed that the Autodesk Desktop App on my office machine had updated and looked a little different to the one on my home machine - new logo etc.
I only noticed that because for a short while there leading up to the corruption message, the ADA was always open and ready to go when i booted up my home machine, even before the desktop icons had loaded themselves. And now suddenly, its stopped working all together
Message 7 of 8
a_paynter
in reply to: ennujozlagam

thank you for the link, but im not seeing an instance of the ADA running in the system tray

when i navigate to the services in the task manager, the associated services that i apparently need to stop have already been stopped

the problem im having here is that the program itself is somehow damaged, so much so that the files associated with removing it have also been damaged

i tried downloading the app from AD and installing over the old install, but it didnt change anything

Message 8 of 8
johnmalone0

Has anyone found a solution to this? I am getting the same message when trying to uninstall this?Autodesk Problem.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators