Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk and Frame: Revit on the Mac, Officially

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
pendean
10621 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk and Frame: Revit on the Mac, Officially

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jodecaesteker
in reply to: pendean

Has anyone had any experience with this? It's been almost a year now.

I'm very interested in your opinions as I'm looking to go for Revit LT.

And how does it work with files? Where are the families and other files stored (or added when getting new ones)? And where do you save your *.rvt files?

Thanks in advance!

Jo Decaesteker

architect, Belgium

Message 3 of 8
fcblome
in reply to: jodecaesteker

I've recently set up one of my remote users with Frame and Revit LT. I have to say we're pleasantly surprised. 

• Using the lowest end Frame machine, performance has been fine. This user is mostly doing 2D work, but 3D seems to be okay. No lag normally, a tiny bit in spinning the model which are under 100MB in size.
  • We tested the highest end machine and renders inside Revit scream, along with the cost....
  • Frame's internet speed is really fast, like in the 400Mbps up/down. This is using their California data center. On our end, connection speed and ping rates are more than enough (Comcast)
  • My company's file server is cloud based using Egnyte, similar to Dropbox. But we can also set it up for a mapped drive directly connected w/o syncing. Because of the fast internet connection, file saves directly to Egnyte are fast. 
  • We couldn't get Egnyte sync to install, but the Egnyte mapped drive was better anyways. DropBox, Box, and Google Drive are native inside Frame for sync options for your files. You do need someplace to store your files.
  • This user is currently in Poland and working. We're contemplating switching the datacenter to be closer. That's probably what you'll want to test if you're in Belgium.

Fred Blome

Architect, California

Message 4 of 8
kommune81

Hey! I am considering the move as well, away from MacBook Pro onto Frame cloud services. But how will this work on a student license? Anyone knows?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: kommune81

My question, too.

Is there student licence to Revit in Frame?

Thank you so much

Message 6 of 8
kommune81
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for asking. I am unsure if the student license can be used in Frame - or if this Frame use demands a license that can be used on a network, as student license cannot be.

I am looking for Autodesk to clarify this.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Does anyone know of this “frame” will work with inventor
Message 8 of 8
kommune81
in reply to: Anonymous

Yep. I am sure it will work, since FRAME really is a cloud-based computer. 

Try to contact FRAME directly about this here:

https://fra.me/contact

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report