Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 3D to Revit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dm0144
278 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad 3D to Revit

Hello,

I have a Autocad 3d model which I want to import into a Revit project.

When I import the CAD file into the project, I can't select the individual elements rather, only the entire file as a single block. I tried to first import the CAD file into a Revit mass family and than load the family into the Revit project but it still made no difference.

Is there a way around to enable me to selet the individual elements of the imported CAD file?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RobDraw
in reply to: dm0144

This is not a recommended workflow but to get individual objects, you need to explode it. You may not like the results, though.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 6
barthbradley

@dm0144 wrote:

I can't select the individual elements

Select them to do what?  Knowing where I'm going usually helps me to get there.  

Message 4 of 6
dm0144
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley to edit edit individual object on spot, hide idividual ojects etc..

Message 5 of 6
ToanDN

Select the 3D CAD and use Query tool from the ribbon to hide/delete individual layers.

Message 6 of 6
barthbradley

You cannot apply V&G overrides to individual elements in the CAD Import. You can apply V&G overrides to the Layers the elements are on through View VGO's Imported Categories tab.  Note though, that CAD elements that are not BYLAYER will not be affected if you are applying overrides to their Layer's Line Pattern/Color/Weight.  

The only other option you have is to Explode the CAD, which may or may not be a valid approach here.  Hard for me to know that.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators