Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly in linked files

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
jjjoao2
3137 Views, 24 Replies

Assembly in linked files

Hi,

I am currently working in 3 different files. Two separated buildings linked in a central file.

The assembly views from the linked buildings do not come over to the central Revit file.

I need to create assembly views of the linked files at the central file but i don´t know how to do it.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
barthbradley
in reply to: jjjoao2
Message 3 of 25
lim.wendy

Hi @jjjoao2 ,

Welcome and thanks for reaching out to the forum.

Have you had a chance to look over the suggestion provided by @barthbradley ?

Do you have any questions about it, let us know if you require further assistance.

If the suggestions helped you, please hit the "Accept Solution" button, as it helps make the solution easier to find for others who might have the same issue. Knowing which topics are solved or not can also help our many users find the questions that still need to be answered. It’s also a great way to say thank you and give recognition to whoever helped you?

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 4 of 25
jjjoao2
in reply to: barthbradley

Hi there,

First of all, thanks for your link below.

However, i have already created a view and then the RVT link display settings, by linked view and it actually appears all the assemblies views created but when i choose one, the image doens´t appear.

See attached file. Assembly.png

Message 5 of 25
jjjoao2
in reply to: lim.wendy

Hi Wendy,

I understand the suggestion provided by  @barthbradley but it didn´t work and i dont know why.

I have sent an imagem with all the steps...but still doesn´t work.

Any other suggestion?

Tx

Message 6 of 25
barthbradley

So, you are saying that the "By Linked View" that is showing in the Parent View is NOT the View that is in the Linked Project?  It should. Something else is going on here. Can you post the 2 projects here for testing.  

Message 7 of 25
jjjoao2
in reply to: barthbradley

Hi @barthbradley , that is exactly what i´m saying. I must be doing something wrong.

Below the link with the Parent file (Terreno) and the building files (Chefia and Operarios).

Thanks for your help, i will wait for your answer because i´m already late with the product delivery for the client.

https://we.tl/t-POrrsFeTUJ

Message 8 of 25

@barthbradley wrote:

It should.

I don't know about that, it is "to display in a host view as it would [..]". So basically that would work like a view template... you can't suddenly switch floorplans to sections, or similarly to assembly views. I think you would have to recreate the assemblies in the main project and recreate the assembly views there, although I don't really see why you'd want to... ?

Message 9 of 25
ToanDN
in reply to: martijn_pater

This is also my understanding.
Message 10 of 25
jjjoao2

Hi @martijn_pater , i´m sorry but i didn´t understand how i should recreate the assemblies. Can you send me like a step by step image?

Message 11 of 25
martijn_pater

Good question, but first why do you need to create the assembly views in the main project? Why not keep them in the linked file...?

I think it would be something along the lines create/bind a copy of the linked file..., find the assemblies/assembly parts..., recreate assemblies..., recreate the assembly views... seems circituous, there has to be a better way to do what you're trying to do...

edit: actually you could also tab-select elements in the linked file, then create parts from it and create an assembly/new assemblies from those parts (that's sort of like copy-monitoring actually)... or tab-select copy-paste aligned in place&recreate assembly (views)...

Message 12 of 25
jjjoao2

@martijn_pater , i have already created the assemblies on the linked files but i don´t know how to put them at the Main Project and i need them to finish my Curtain Wall Schedules.

Message 13 of 25
martijn_pater

@jjjoao2 wrote:

...Curtain Wall Schedules.

Ok, curtain wall schedules... need some more (visual) input on what you're trying to accomplish, sharing the files would help... so I presume you are familiar with the 'include links in schedules' checkbox for the scheduling part, but you were looking to do something else I suppose.

Message 14 of 25

... I think your question might be similar to the question in this LINK?

Message 15 of 25
jjjoao2

Assemblies_Original-File.png

 Those elements where maid as Curtain Walls...Then Assemblie.

Assemblies_Main_Project-File.png

This image, the linked file of the original model is already loaded at the Main Project but, i cant creat any assemblies here, and that is my problem.

Message 16 of 25
jjjoao2

OMG, yes, that is exactly my problem.

Message 17 of 25
martijn_pater

I think you could export&import it as .dwg/.pdf for example, similarly as combined Autocad workflow where you have some Autocad drawings, some Revit drawings... So you have to reserve those sheets in the main file. So creating the sheet layout from the linked file. Or you copy(-monitor) those curtain walls over to the main project, recreate the assemblies there and the assembly views... (previously mentioned parts option does not work for curtain walls...).

Message 18 of 25
jjjoao2

Hi @martijn_pater, i was recreating the assemblies for the curtain walls of the linked files with the Copy/Monitor but the results where not as expected. 

Vertica amount.png

The original file with the linked files.

Assembly_01.png

Message 19 of 25
António1903

Hello Everyone, 

Did you cath the solution for this ? i have the same challenge....

Thanks for your help

Message 20 of 25
António1903
in reply to: lim.wendy

Hello Wendy, 

I am struggling the same problem as João... i already tried search diferent aproaches to this but until now with no success, do you know any solution ? can you help me please?

Thanks a lot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report