Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assemblies on BOM

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AGGilliam
608 Views, 5 Replies

Assemblies on BOM

I'm trying to create an assembly and I want it to show up on the BOM, is there a way to display the assembly rather than its parts in a schedule? So far I can only make a separate parts schedule and assembly schedule.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
martijn_pater
in reply to: AGGilliam

Display the assembly.. you mean assembly views? Edit: nvm "display.. in a schedule", display how?

Message 3 of 6
AGGilliam
in reply to: martijn_pater

No, I'm referring to the list of components in the schedule. When you create a schedule for a project, it will list all of the existing components. However, that schedule lists the individual components within the assembly and I just want the assembly itself. For example, I'm creating a door assembly with paneling and rails. I want the door to be one item on the schedule.

Message 4 of 6
martijn_pater

Hmm i was thinking those are two schedules, but I guess that was the point of your question. I dont think you can do multicategory schedule with assemblies i.e., so... no idea at the moment... edit: just a thought, maybe you could manually input the assembly 'schedule' in the header... (so, still dont really know...)

Message 5 of 6
martijn_pater

@AGGilliam wrote:

I'm creating a door assembly with paneling and rails...

Could you share this specific assembly to have a look at its scheduling?

Message 6 of 6
AGGilliam
in reply to: martijn_pater

I've just been testing with various components to figure out how assemblies work, we haven't actually started on the door yet. Although, I'm not sure I'm allowed to share my company's parts anyway. Would the family template or anything like that matter? I noticed an Assembly Name parameter in the components of the assembly but it isn't available in the schedule.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report