Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area Separation Line Warnings

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
DanBuck
396 Views, 4 Replies

Area Separation Line Warnings

I've recently joined a project that has accumulated a fair number of warnings that I want to clean up.

There are numerous "Area separation line is slightly off axis" warnings, which are an easy fix, however there are a few that I cannot remedy. The Select by ID feature will select the line, but I cannot find them on any area plan, or adjust the line in 3D.

Is there a way of identifying the view in which these lines are present?

Or is there a better fix?

Thanks in advanced.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: DanBuck

Can't you drill down into the error dialog to "Show"?  Or, select the element by ID and use the "Find Referring View" function.  

Message 3 of 5
Corsten.Au

Hi

just for an Example.. When we create a Room, and delete them, they are still available

in the schedule... and it mentions ( not placed )

Similar to that, Area lines, once placed on Area Plan.. once the Area plan are deleted... they

are still there, just that not visible in any of the plans.. 

so solution is to Recreate Area Plan for that associated Levels, and those Area lines will reappear..

uploading a screencast to show that area separation line behaviour as well..

Cheers..

https://autode.sk/2Mgt9Vq

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 4 of 5
ToanDN

They could be draw in an Area Plan view and the view got deleted, but Area Scheme remains. Go through the Area schemes and delete obsolete ones, then look at the list of the Area plans see if anything is missing compare to the list Area schemes. If so, recreate the missing Area plans then you can have access to those Area separation lines.

Chances are, they will be gone after you clean up the Area schemes without having to go through the last two steps above.
Message 5 of 5
DanBuck
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.

This was precisely the issue, areas on unused plans.

I am creating area plans of each area type on each level and going from there.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators