Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps installation fails "Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kartoflavour
330 Views, 4 Replies

Apps installation fails "Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap"

I am using Revit 2016. There are 2 apps I am trying to install 1. XrevFreebiesSetup_2.3.0, 2. Roombook_Areabook for Revit_2016. Each time I am starting .exe file I got a blue screen with this error: 

"Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap"

I have never had any similar problems on my computer and it's a quite strong set for a graphic work. 

what is happening? How to fix it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
amorap
in reply to: kartoflavour

Hello from Spain Kartoflavour

It is very difficult to diagnose from far away.
Usually this kind of erros are related to a hardware problem.

Have you get in touch with the plugin provider?. If this BSOD only appears when you are doing some concrete task, like installing a plugin, then probably the problem is located here, in the plugin.

Have you your computer totally updated (specially drivers, fixes, patches...)?. Sometimes an old driver can cause this kind of issues.

Is your computer (CPU-RAM) overclocked?. There are a bunch of comments over Internet saying that overclocking  can produce this BSOD.

What versión of Windows are you using?

Try to start in "safe mode". Verify all your computer components with the device manager. Update your drivers. Open revit and try to re-install the plugin.

Regards.

Augusto Mora
Architect & teacher of Building Projects at CPIFP Pirámide. Huesca (Spain).
Revit 2014 certified profesional.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: amorap

Message 4 of 5
Viveka_CD

Hi @kartoflavour

The UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP bug indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap. Please see Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Does Revit 2016 launch otherwise?

Regards,

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
Viveka_CD

@kartoflavour

Also, see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms854946.aspx

I was looking at the Installation/Uninstallation notes for the Roombook app: 

Download and run the EXE file included in your download.

You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the plug-in.

To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it and uninstall it from 'Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8/8.1), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.

I would suggest restarting the machine and closing all browser, apps and trying again.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report