Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotoation crop non-rectangular (match edited crop region)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
HVAC-Novice
2208 Views, 4 Replies

Annotoation crop non-rectangular (match edited crop region)

For dependent view I edited crop region to be not rectangular and have a matchline to show part of the view on one sheet and so on. i can edit the crop region (meaning not rectangular).

The problem is the annotation crop region is still a rectangle. One problem with that is that the annotations of the view "beyond the matchline" still show and i have to manually hide them. 

Is there a way to edit the annotation crop to match the crop region? Or a way to tell Revit to not show annotations beyond the crop region? I noticed the View references for the dependent views are smart enough to only show on the view they are supposed to.

Attached picture shows red-circled the area i don't want to show.

Revit version: R2024.2.1
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

In your case I'll better use two Scopeboxes as dependent Views and put together onto a Sheet View..

Image 4.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Been on the "Wish List" for years.  I'll bet there is even a few recent requests posted to the Idea Forum.  

Masking Region might be easier.  There is even a trick to put a MR on a Sheet.  Should I share? 

Message 4 of 5
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: barthbradley

I just tried the masking region on on e of the child views. Problem is it doesn't mask tags, but only actual model elements. 

and the masking region also shows up on the "other" dependent view. So that doesn't work.

Curious to know how to mask a region on a sheet. however, with the potential problem of hidden items when I re-arrange vies on a sheet I could see how manually hiding the tags is easier. 

Revit version: R2024.2.1
Message 5 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

@HVAC-Novice wrote:

Curious to know how to mask a region on a sheet. 

A solid white Filled Region as a Masking Region on a Sheet: 

1. Open Sheet View and draw the boundary of the filled region with Detail Lines.

2. Group Detail Lines

3. Open Model View and place instance of the Group 

4. Edit Group and draw your solid white Filled Region within the Detail Line boundary.

5. Finish and close out of Editing mode. 

6. Open Sheet.  Original Group created in Step 1 and 2 now contains the solid white Filled Region.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report