Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotate Depth in Elevation View

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Ilic.Andrej
928 Views, 4 Replies

Annotate Depth in Elevation View

In my country, it is a common practice to annotate the distances between objects in an elevation view (like a depth of field). What would be the best way to do this? I'm pretty sure folks are gonna have to do this manually, but they are pushing me to post a question so, there....

Andrej Ilić

phonetical: ændreɪ ilich
MSc Arch

Autodesk Expert Elite Alumni

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
syman2000
in reply to: Ilic.Andrej

I would use generic line base family and then tag it on elevation to get the length depth. See attached.

lines.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 3 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Ilic.Andrej

@Ilic.Andrej wrote:

In my country, it is a common practice to annotate the distances between objects in an elevation view (like a depth of field). What would be the best way to do this? I'm pretty sure folks are gonna have to do this manually, but they are pushing me to post a question so, there....

Is this what you mean?  (-24" indicating the depth of the 'bays'). 

DOF.jpg

Message 4 of 5
Ilic.Andrej
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley wrote:

@Ilic.Andrej wrote:

Is this what you mean?  (-24" indicating the depth of the 'bays'). 

DOF.jpg

yes

Andrej Ilić

phonetical: ændreɪ ilich
MSc Arch

Autodesk Expert Elite Alumni

Message 5 of 5
kuowenjen
in reply to: barthbradley

I am also looking for a workaround to annotate the "depth", and not entering the value manually. Is there a solution for it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators