Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An unknown error occurred while accessing Central File

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Jordanfaf
3501 Views, 2 Replies

An unknown error occurred while accessing Central File

Right so, i may have done this wrong. But we had a main central building model with about 12 building masses in it, very basic pre planning model. The project is moving to planning stage now so we have decided to split the model into each individual block.

So i created a detached copy of our central model, discarded all worksets etc. and then created 12 copies of that detached model and made each one its own workshared central file. (Still with me?)

Now, when i create my "new local file" from one of these new 12 central models, it loads up as normal... all is well. until i go to sync to central i get the error "An unknown error occurred while accessing XXX"

anyone got a fix for this or have i just gone about breaking this file up the entire wrong way.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Jordanfaf

try to clean as much as possible the copy file and try link again and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 3
Jordanfaf
in reply to: Jordanfaf

Problem solved. My save path was too long. had to bump all files back one folder and re-save as central models.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report