Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alternate component part visibility across views

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kgatzke
272 Views, 2 Replies

alternate component part visibility across views

Visibility parameters can be used to turn on & off parts of a component but it applies to the component the same way in all views.  Is there any way to control visibility of parts in a way that differs between views?

Case in point:  I have a complex piece of casework that's been dimensioned and tagged in multiple views already so breaking it apart into multiple components would be tricky and time consuming.  It has elements such as doors and a roll top that need to be visible in sections & elevations but I would like to turn them off in one section and a 3D view.  Is there any way to do this without making separate components for the doors?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
martijn_pater
in reply to: kgatzke

edit: I think you need to assign subcategories. 🙂

Message 3 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: kgatzke

@martijn_pater is spot on.  Create and assign uniquely named Subcategories to elements in the Family. These Subcats will come into Project with Family and then in the View you can turn on/off these Subcats through VGOs.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report