Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Revit versions (2016,2017 and 2018) are freezing at splash screen

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rgibb
1328 Views, 6 Replies

All Revit versions (2016,2017 and 2018) are freezing at splash screen

We have the same issue in our office for a few days already. All machines has been affected (at least 5 PC's, haven't checked all of them). All Revit versions (we have 2016,2017 and 2018) are freezing at the splash screen stage during startup. All other autocad products are working without a problem, although they are using the same license.

We tried repairing, reinstalling the software, as well as updating our license server and nothing seems to work. There is no error that we can relate to. 

Any ideas? We are loosing hope!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Viveka_CD
in reply to: rgibb

Hi @rgibb

Please send us the journal files and NFO file for review.

Let me know if you'd like a private folder to upload your files.

Can you confirm if you have the latest updates and hotfixes installed for your Revit versions from the Autodesk Desktop App?

What method did you use to reinstall the software?

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
rgibb
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Viveca_CD

Journal from the last crash and NFO file attached.

Revit has been uninstalled and installed again using your autodesk uninstall tool, so i don't have any updates or service packs on it. 

I came across this article:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Which suggest reverting back to state before windows update, but unfortunately we don't have a restore point from that time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Message 4 of 7
Viveka_CD

Hi @rgibb

Thanks for sharing your journal and files. We will troubleshoot and let you know for an update.

I am creating a new thread for your issue as well.

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
Viveka_CD

Hi @rgibb

There can be multiple causes for this error, however, a common cause for the error could be with Anti-virus software restricting the use of the product.

Your journal file is being parsed for any errors. Meanwhile, try the following with regard to windows updates.:

If the error persists uninstall All currently installed C++ Redistributable files then download the latest versions from the following links.

Uninstalling Visual C++ is done just like any other program on your system. The different versions and components will be listed in Programs and Features

1. Open Programs and Features from the Windows Control Panel  An easy way to bring this up on non-Windows XP systems is to type "programs and features" in the search field at the bottom of the Start menu.
  2. Uninstall everything that starts with "Microsoft Visual C++."
  3. Download and install all of the following:
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable (x86)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable (x64)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x86)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x64)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable (x86)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable (x64)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable (x86 and x64)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86 and x64)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86 and x64)

Please note that only the x86 versions will work on 32-bit systems and you should install both the x86 and x64 versions on 64-bit systems. The file names for each download are the same, so be sure to not overwrite a prior one before installing it. Download one, install it, then download the next, install it, etc.

Let me know if this helps resolve your issue.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question. Kudos welcome!

Regards,

Message 6 of 7
rgibb
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Viveka_CD

I found a temporary solution this morning. I uninstalled our antivirus software Trend Micro Security and it's been working without a problem for the last few hours. IT's strange thou, since it was working with antivirus turned ON previously without a problem. I suspect that one of the recent windows updates must have created a conflict with the antivirus, which led to the issues with Revit. The situation isn't ideal, since we are working without any virus protection right now, but at least we can do something.

So it is a potential solution to the problem, but not a permanent one. I presume that it's hard to decide who should be troubleshooting the conflict now...

Message 7 of 7
Viveka_CD

Hi @rgibb

I am glad to hear that it worked. Below is more information related to this type of error.

When reviewing the Revit journal the last lines recorded relate to licensing (e.g. manage license). I will also take a look at your NFO file

This article has more information on why Trend Micro Antivirus is blocking Revit

Some recommendations are as follows:

1. Check if there is an update for the Antivirus software (this issue has been seen with version 6.2.1219)
  2. Check with Trend Micro to see if there is a configuration which would exclude Revit files (and licensing system) from being accessed
  3. If no update is available (or option to configure Trend Micro to prevent this), uninstall Trend Micro Security Agent.

Hope that helps! Do let me know if you have any questions.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question. Kudos welcome!

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report