Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aligning beam end to wall

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
shershahbacha9
298 Views, 4 Replies

Aligning beam end to wall

Hello,

I have a beam which is not runnung straight but aligned and i want to make its end aligned with a wall. In a picture, it is seen the end of a beam (in a green) which is to be aligned with wall (sjown in red).tempsnip.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

What type of beam? Usually extend&cut with reference plane does the trick...

Message 3 of 5

i agree @martijn_pater create a reference line in the edge of the wall > then go to cut geometry > select your beam and then your reference line. thanks

bbbem.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 5
bin
Advisor
in reply to: shershahbacha9

bin_0-1598263401426.png

You can also use opening by face.

Message 5 of 5
martijn_pater
in reply to: bin

This would be the way to do it if you happen to have a concrete beam and get a "cuts on concrete members are ignored" warning, or if you don't want too many refplanes in the drawing ofcourse but you could also assign those to subcategories to hide in view. edit: or edit the family material for model behavior. That should sum it up. ^^

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report