Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align object inside a family

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
adcdao
225 Views, 3 Replies

Align object inside a family

Hi, I'm trying to do a very simple thing but it's not working as expected. I have a generic annotation family and I want to rotate a line from the center of the family. I created a reference line (using this tutorial https://aectechtalk.wordpress.com/2010/10/04/keys-to-rotating-items-inside-revit-families/) and it's working well. But I want to align and rotate a line with this reference line, like clock hand, but I have many constraints error when I change the angle of the reference line. I don't know why, it's supposed to be a very simple thing to do.

Annotation family.png

Thanks,

André

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
emodderman
in reply to: adcdao

Select the linework and make its workplane that of the reference line.  Choose Edit Work Plane from the Ribbon, and then select the reference line as the workplane. They should rotate together after this. 

Message 3 of 4
adcdao
in reply to: emodderman

👍Thank you very much, it's working now.

André

Message 4 of 4
adcdao
in reply to: emodderman

Just another question is it possible to associate a workplane to a label? It doesn't seem to be possible.

Thanks,

André

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators