Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding structural connections in a revit family

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2861 Views, 4 Replies

Adding structural connections in a revit family

The title is basically the question. I need to add some connections between the wood beams of an hexagon I made as a family in Revit. But the structural steel connection that are available for the projects don't see to be available in the family template. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbcarch
in reply to: Anonymous

Nest the connection families into the hexagon family. Load them into the hex family, and place them

in the locations needed. Use reference planes to align them to the framing members, etc.

Save the hex family, load into project.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: cbcarch

Thank you for your reply. I searched a bit and if I understood nesting correctly, it doesn't seem to work for the same reason when I tried to load the steel connections into project: the file is zipped, and when I try to extract it, the folder results to be empty - I work in Autocad in English, so not to make a mess I unzipped the German one. Still...

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Revit Steel Connection (the steel connection button from the ribbon) only works with Steel members and only in the project environment.

If you want to do it in a family, you have to create it using the normal family creation process and nest them.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I see, thank you. The problem is that I am s quite new to Revit and I have never made an adaptive component nor do I know the theory behind it. Is it possible to make my family adaptive?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report