Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Fire Rated Wall Pattern to Curtain Walls

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
curtisridenour
327 Views, 5 Replies

Add Fire Rated Wall Pattern to Curtain Walls

I was asked if I could add our fire rated wall patterns to curtain walls. I don't want to. But before I tell them to pound sand, does anyone have a solution that would allow a pattern such as the ones below to show on Curtain Walls?

I tried adding the material to the glazing and it was just too thin to notice. I tried adding the pattern to the surface of the mullion and I get some very strange results which may be tied to the orientation of the mullions. I tried changing the patterns to model patterns vs drafting patterns with no luck.

It is important to note that this must be a material property of the curtain wall so that it shows up for all MEP disciplines as well. Maybe a curtain panel mullion type that has a detail component nested into it?

curtisridenour_0-1698710175235.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

pound-sand.gif

Message 3 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: curtisridenour

Nest detail components in curtain panel families.
Message 4 of 6
curtisridenour
in reply to: ToanDN

i am running into similar issues with the detail component nested into the Curtain Panel family. It looks ok on the sheet but it does not print. i think curtain walls behave strangely with these patterns. Also when i used vector it just prints flat gray.

curtisridenour_0-1698763882839.png

curtisridenour_1-1698763936139.png

Message 5 of 6

It seems when the pattern file has more than 90ish lines it will not print to Bluebeam if it is applied to a curtain wall. It will print fine with a different PDF printer.

Message 6 of 6

So after a bunch of beating my head against the wall, I changed the FR patterns to have less lines and applied this pattern to the material of the mullion. It works fine now.

curtisridenour_0-1698770516939.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report