Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add depression to the Floor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
payam.rad
332 Views, 4 Replies

Add depression to the Floor

Having options to add points and split lines to the slab and adjust the elevation to create a slope is a great tool. It would be great if we can also have the option to create a simple "depression" onto the same floor. this comes in extremely handy for concrete floors. 

Slab Depression.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: payam.rad

@payam.rad 

As long as you can do it using the basic opening tools elements, the option is there.

RDAOU_0-1649314123413.png

Alternatively:

1. Use a void (in place or a loadable family)
  2. Or use two floor elements and join them

If you still feel your idea could be popular to voted and Autodesk to add due to public demand, go ahead and post it on the Revit Ideas Forum

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 5
ToanDN

You can place a shaft to create the floor depression.

Message 4 of 5
payam.rad

Sorry Guys, I meant to post this in to the Revit Ideas. I understand and I am aware of all these "workarounds". there should be an easier way to do this! 
I repost this onto Revit Ideas. it would be great if you vote it up. See the idea here:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/add-depression-to-the-floor/idi-p/11089491

Message 5 of 5
RDAOU

@payam.rad 

Cool but these are not workarounds these are several ways to do a depression some of which have been used since Revit 6.0 

Nonetheless, let us assume you are right 🙂 ... in comparison to simply using an opening element or a void, how much easier would a depression be according to your idea? 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report