Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquired coordinates - projects not in the same position

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mairh_tsek
286 Views, 2 Replies

Acquired coordinates - projects not in the same position

Hello all,

I received a Revit Central model which is georeferenced. 

I linked it in my revit project using Auto Project Base Point to Project Base point in order to Acquire coordinates.  In my project both Project base point and survey point were to zero,  

I checked the coordinates after the 'acquired coordinates option' and there are similar in both projects (mine and the central model) but when I link again the Central model using Auto Project Base Point to Project Base it seems that it has 30cm difference from my project, but I dont get any message saying that the project dont have the same coordinates.. I cannot understand why. 

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ennujozlagam
in reply to: mairh_tsek

open the central model now link your model > reposition your model  plan and elevation level to the central model > go to manage > coordinates and publish coordinates and see if helps. thanks

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/cb04a84f-f5ad-4e64-8a99-ce60f7aaca39

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 3
mairh_tsek
in reply to: ennujozlagam

I notice that the Project base point in my model is in the exterior face of the wall , and the Project Base point in the Central model is in the interior face of the wall. So it gives the 30 cm difference.  (something strange because I had started my project taking a copy of the central model )

Which is the correct way to correct this different in my model having always the same coordination with the cental model ?

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report