Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACI - AUTODESK CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
angelofdeath_58
9659 Views, 28 Replies

ACI - AUTODESK CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR

How can I get certified as an AUTODESK REVIT ARCHITECTURE and AUTODESK AUTOCAD instructor??
Please tell me a convenient and online procedure??

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
RDAOU
in reply to: angelofdeath_58

@angelofdeath_58

Maybe you might want to have a look at THIS LINK HERE and see where did they get to on that certification

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 29

Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI) Programmes are currently on hold.

Message 4 of 29
rudi.roux

Bumping this Post up again...

Are there any new developments regarding this Autodesk? I've also been waiting for quite some time now and the ATC which I normally deal with is also quite secretive regarding this. They also only state that ACI is currently on hold. It's been quite some time now... 

Rudi Roux
MSc | Digital Engineering Manager
LinkedIn
Revit Mechanical & Electrical Systems 2018 Certified Professional | Revit MEP & Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional | Autodesk Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Certificate

If this post resolved your issue, kindly Accept as the Solution below. Kudos are always welcome

Message 5 of 29
DarrenP
in reply to: rudi.roux

try contacting one of them

http://www.autodesk.com/training-and-certification/contact-us

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 29
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: rudi.roux

@rudi.roux wrote:

Bumping this Post up again...

Are there any new developments regarding this Autodesk? I've also been waiting for quite some time now and the ATC which I normally deal with is also quite secretive regarding this. 

The Autodesk Certificed Instructor (ACI) is an instructor who teaches for an Authorized Training Center (ATC). I understand that this is the only way to apply for and get this certification. The ATC applies on your behalf.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 29
rudi.roux
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi @DarrenP

Thank you for the suggestion, I previously tried to get in contact via your link provided, but without much luck, nonetheless, thank you. With a bit of digging, I ended up on this site: http://engageglobalsolutions.com/

They responded to my mail with today with the following: (For everyone's info): 

"The ACI Program which would enable you to become an Autodesk Certified Instructor is currently being updated. This should be completed in the very near future. Please keep an eye on the ACI page to see once the new program has been made available."

@Alfredo_Medina, Thank you for your input, I wonder if it is different in certain regions as I know of an ACI working for an architectural firm who is basically the "Head of Training" there. They never worked for an ATC, unless they worked for an ATC for such a brief period just to get or go through the ACI exam?

It would be great if someone, not working for an ATC could apply to go through the ACI exams as there are quite a lot of firms looking for individuals who could provide internal training on an ACI level. 

I know most individuals with a number of years of experience etc. could do the job, but I rate it would give someone the "competitive edge" over someone with all of the same experiences, but without being an ACI... 

I suppose if you're unable to go for the ACI exam unless you work for an ATC, but would like to "stand out" a bit when applying for a new position where being able to train others is one of the requirements, you could always become an "Autodesk Educator Expert" (http://www.studentexpert.net/en/), for what its worth? Smiley Very Happy

Rudi Roux
LinkedIn
Revit Mechanical & Electrical Systems 2018 Certified Professional | Revit MEP & Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional | Autodesk Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Certificate

If this post resolved your issue, kindly Accept as the Solution below. Kudos are always welcome

Message 8 of 29
rudi.roux

Hi All, 

So after being in contact with the ACI team and following any possible developments, I noticed that the revised ACI program is now up and running for possible educators to register etc. 

ACI Revised Program Link

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Rudi Roux
LinkedIn

Message 9 of 29
ron.myers

The Autodesk Certified Instructor Program is available exclusively on through the Autodesk Instructor Development Portal.

https://aex.peakcdi.com

It is currently only available to instructors at ATC's and AAP's but will be open to other instructors in March of 2017.

There are four (4) ACI certifications, ACI, ACI-SIlver, ACI-Gold, and ACI-Platinum.  There are no industry specific ACI Certifications at the current time and aside from about a dozen people, who were grandfathered into the program at the Silver level, everyone starts at the standard ACI Level and proceeds to Silver, Gold, and Platinum ACI status with time in the program and maintaining your certifications.

If you are an instructor at  an ATC or AAP, and want to register for the site and the ACI Program, please send an email to idp.support@peakcdi.com and we will add your information to the verification tables. You will then be eligible to register for access to the site and the ACI program.

My company built the portal for Autodesk and it is based upon our PEAK Platform, https://summit.peakcdi.com. PEAK is a content aggregation network that was built to provide Autodesk Instructors with access to curriculum, content, certification prep, and other learning related experiences for its users. Our Learning Browser technology integrates the learning experiences right inside of AutoCAD, Inventor, and Revit. 

Good luck with certification!

Ron Myers

Message 10 of 29
Richard.Vivanco
in reply to: ron.myers

Hi Ron

This new method is available for south american instructor too?  Im from Peru and the last news i have, in the middle of 2016 is that it will be only available for USA or canadian instructors.

One more thing, in https://summit.peakcdi.com/channels/    i cant create a new profile... how can i gain access to the information?

Thanks

Richard

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 11 of 29
ron.myers

Hello Richard,

The Autodesk Instructor Development Portal (IDP)is open now to any instructor affiliated with an ATC or AAP. Send your email address, Instructor ID, Site Code, Site Name and Location, to idp.support@peakcdi.com with "IDP Registration Request" in the subject line and you will be notified when your pre-registration is complete. At that point you will be able to register.
Instructors who would like to setup a trial account for the Summit's PEAK learning portal can do so here.

Summit.peakcdi.comis the core learning portal where our all of our learning material is published for instructor led training as well as self-paced learning. It will also contain learning content from other authors and publishers.Aex.peakcdi.comis where you will find all the content related to the Autodesk Certified Instructor program, and more. This portal offers learning content from Autodesk and Summit, and soon there will be content from other providers that you will recognize.
Thanks for the tip, we will work to make it easier for interested parties to register.

Ronald Myers
CEO/General Partner
(972)-360-9510 Ext. 1007
ron.myers@summitlt.com
[cid:image001.png@01D27EE4.DBC6AE40]
www.summitlt.com
summit.peakcdi.com
Message 12 of 29
lauyy

Where can I find my Instructor ID?

I got only the PDF certificate there's no Instructor ID on them.

Message 13 of 29
mark.brogan
in reply to: lauyy

I am seeing a lot of students with no affiliation to an ATC or AAP gain the instructor badge.

What's the process/requirement for this?

Message 14 of 29
ron.myers
in reply to: mark.brogan

Hello Mark,

That should not be happening. The ACI credential is only available to instructors that teach for an ATC or AAP. Eventually it will be available to educators at accredited schools.

If you can provide examples where a person not affiliated with an ATC or AAP, has received the ACI I would appreciate it. Summit L&T built and hosts the Instructor Development Portal for Autodesk and we are the only organization that issues the ACI certification.

Thanks
Ron Myers
Message 15 of 29
mark.brogan

Hi Ron. I'll send a PM.
Message 16 of 29
ron.myers
in reply to: lauyy

Hello Lauyy
Your ATC Manager will have access to that information. Your instructor ID is a unique ID assigned in the partner database used by the educational distributors. Only instructors who are registered with the education distributors will have an Instructor ID.
Message 17 of 29
arturbessoni

Thank you very much, Ron. I have been looking for this information in a while. 

Message 18 of 29
habbas

Hi

Where can someone search to locate an ACI?

Message 19 of 29
Viveka_CD
in reply to: habbas
Message 20 of 29
habbas
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Thanks Viveka for your input. But the link is helpful only in locating an ACP not ACI.

Regards

Hosam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report