Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about family, components and walls

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
eceuysalengudar
254 Views, 3 Replies

about family, components and walls

Hello 

As a begginer I would like to ask you about revit family, component and walls;

1 - What is the difference between creating a new family (file->new->family) and a component (architecture->model-> model in place) which includes also families?

2 - When you connect walls with plasters in T form (like adding internal walls to exterior walls) revit adds the plaster their intersection. Only option, I guees, to create an internal plaster is to form a new wall in 2 cm which replaces it. In this case revit suggests us (material->function) structure, finish with numbers and etc. What is the importance of this function? I haven't learnt yet the  Schedules parts but this option changes value of the quantity? I mean creating two wall layers (wall 50m2 and plaster 50 m2) effects the quantitiy (like 100 m2)? 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

RE: #1 - Fundamentally, no difference.  In-Place Modeling might be easier if you are modeling a custom sized and shaped component in relationship to an existing Project element. For instance, a void to cut a System Family in a precise way.  

RE: #2 -

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-1CCD1005-CBDA-4338-8D60-489095D4BB25

Message 3 of 4

For no. 1 - in-place families are mostly used for those elements covering the whole building and / or difficult to model as a separate family. In-place families have an adverse effect on model performance.

For no. 2 - the plaster layer of the wall should be outside the Core Boundary:

Simon_Weel_0-1688384900455.png

Message 4 of 4

Oh I didnt know that. Thank you for this information that really helps me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report