Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dConnexion Space Mouse & REVIT 2018

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
KKProssick
6862 Views, 24 Replies

3dConnexion Space Mouse & REVIT 2018

Are there any issues I should be aware of with 3d Connexion's Space Mouse with Revit 2018.

I saw in some posts that there were issues with 2016, but nothing on 2018. Have any existing issues been resolved, or has any new ones appeared with '18?

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
Viveka_CD
in reply to: KKProssick

Hi @KKProssick

Can you elaborate on the existing issues and share the posts for Revit 2016?

If you are using Revit 2018 and the 3d mouse, I would recommend updating your Revit version with the latest hotfixes from the Autodesk Desktop App.

Also, updating the driver from the manufacturer's website  and contact their support

Some of the benefits of the 3D mouse:

• Conceptual Massing: The superior 3D navigation enabled by a 3D mouse provides unprecedented control over preliminary building models.
  • 3D Modeling: Use the 3D mouse to position and visualize your model with unprecedented ease and precision while the other hand uses the traditional mouse to select, create and edit. Combine this with an array of programmable function keys that deliver quick access to frequently used tools, and you have a fluid, productive design process for families and buildings alike.
  • Model Co-ordination: Whether you work on your own or as part of a multi-discipline team, a 3D mouse makes it easier to understand how models come together or where improvements need to be made, resulting in overall improvements to the BIM design workflow.
  • Client Presentation: A 3D mouse is a powerful tool to help clients visualize the project in cinematic like motion with smooth transitions from one perspective to another giving the viewer a sense of being in the actual space being shown.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question. Kudos welcome!

Regards,

Message 3 of 25
KKProssick
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Referring to this thread: 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/revit-2016-amp-3dconnexion-mouse/m-p/5621487...

Seems like there had been some issues and before I purchase a space mouse wanted to make sure there were none with 2018.

Message 4 of 25

Hi 

i still find this issue on large models

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

quite annoying 

thanks 

Message 5 of 25
-FDC-

The only issue I have (Space Mouse Enterprise) is that I sometimes have to hit the "fit" button when zooming or panning start the behave strange (off center).

Message 6 of 25
andrey_pawlow

Just got the new  3d connexion wireless kit (spacemouse+mouse) to use with Revit 2019.1 - no use!

Large model (250 Mb) won't revolve/turn/pan, all it does - just unexpected jerks. Small things like very basic .rfa - are better in orbiting, but unexpected panning and no zooming.

You know, folks, this is so frustrating! - I wish I checked it on Revit during AU 2018, where 3d connexion was presenting, but they were using their demo, not the real Autodesk products. And I know, that this is not a problem of 3d connexion, it is Autodesk problem - because it works perfectly on Autodesk competitor programms!

Wish Autodesk team will solve it asap or post the solution.

Message 7 of 25
aarn
in reply to: andrey_pawlow

Issues still exist, running 2019 latest version, with 3D Connexion wired Cad Mouse and Space Mouse Pro.  It will start out working fine and then just shut off and restart but will not full function at that point, restarting Revit is then necessary to regain full function, however it ultimately shuts down again. It has to be a Revit issue for I have no problems when running other software.  Hope to find a fix for this problem. 

Message 8 of 25
robertovalentino
in reply to: aarn

yeah....

wasted money, and the shame in on Autodesk.

unfortunately we gave so much credit and power to Autodesk and now this is what we got. All their commitment is focused in finding new ways to ask us more money and not to solve existing problems.

Message 9 of 25
aarn
in reply to: robertovalentino

Yes, I agree.  I would be much happier with a existing problems being fixed rather than have a new release. I sucks that we have to purchase add-ons to accomplish typical building modeling (like roof trusses, wall framing) fix the bugs and make what is already in Revit better and easier to use (stairs and railings, annotative tags, spot elevations that can be scheduled).  I would like to know how it is that I can tag something with a spot elevation but can not schedule that information (i.e. wall sleeve).  Sorry went a little of subject, yes it would be nice if they focused on the bugs.

Message 10 of 25
andrey_pawlow

Thanks,

after all updates it proved to be working.

Revit 2019.2

Message 11 of 25
Viveka_CD

Hi @andrey_pawlow 

Thanks for getting back to us. Glad to hear the updates resolved the issue.

Regards,

Message 12 of 25
KKProssick

How are we looking for 2020? Any issues?

Message 13 of 25
andrey_pawlow

Will try soon, please, stay tuned.
Message 14 of 25
aarn

Glad it works for someone, however it still does not work for me!

Message 15 of 25
aarn

Still not working for me! Good luck hope it works for you. I have been running Revit 19.2 with all firmware and driver updates up to date.

Message 16 of 25
-FDC-

Spacemouse Enterprise working fine on 2020 (small scale model though)

Message 17 of 25
Viveka_CD
in reply to: -FDC-

Message 18 of 25
stevennobel

So far I noticed that the 3D wheel of my 3D Enterprise stops working after your computer goes standy. It still works with sketchup then so it seems a Revit problem to me....

Anybody a solution?  

Message 19 of 25
-FDC-
in reply to: stevennobel

3D Wheel ?

Message 20 of 25
cwright1

confirm? Get one and confirm for us! important tool to us works great in all other programs get it together please!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report