Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D PERSPECTIVE ISSUE WITH LINKED REVIT MODELS

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
RevitUser123
2151 Views, 9 Replies

3D PERSPECTIVE ISSUE WITH LINKED REVIT MODELS

Hello.

I am here because I really need to get this problem fixed. I am desperate!

I am getting horrible 3d perspective issues with revit linked models in the site context. On certain angles of how the camera is placed I keep getting SEVERE SEGMENTED CURVES!

Also, in a lot of the views. A lot of architectural elements are missing.

Please help me out. I am sure there is some type of setting that i am overseeing. I am feeling really sad, after all this work I cannot get amazing site context views.

I attached a black a white image, and a realistic view image from revit 2013 (realistic views cannot be vector processed).

Respectfully,

RevitUser123

Also, here is a snapshot:

EDIT.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
vector2
in reply to: RevitUser123

I'm not sure what paint program you are using there, but

apparently it interprets all curved lines as straight segments.

SketchUp only knows straight segments too.

Message 3 of 10
RevitUser123
in reply to: vector2

Thank god Revit is not Sketchup.

Sketchup is useless garbage.

Message 4 of 10
RevitUser123

I am willing to pay something if they figure out a solution!

Please Help!

Message 5 of 10
vector2

Revit doesn't paint like that. And Revit curved lines are curved.

Message 6 of 10

Hi RevitUser123,

I think there are two possible solutions to your problem.

1) Try turning on Anti-Aliasing. This tool is located in the App Menu (the big R button in the upper left corner), then choose Options, then choose the Graphics Tab, then check Anti-Aliasing ON. This should smooth out the lines on your screen.

2) Export the image with DPI higher than your screen resoltion, don't use a screen capture from paint, or Jing, or any other application. In Revit go to the App Menu (Big R), Export, Export Image, Choose 'Image Size' and set the 'Zoom To' field to 100%. Then change the 'Raster Image Quality to 300 dpi.

Your resulting image should be much better than the one you posted. You can use both of these methods to output from Realistic Visual Style as well. Also note you could turn off Edges in the Graphics Display Options dialog if you wanted to avoid any jagged edges.

Good Luck!

Tobias

Message 7 of 10
vector2
in reply to: Tobias_Hathorn

Welcome to the Revit forum toabias.hathorn.

Message 8 of 10

Thank you.

Unfortunetly, I have tried anti-aliasing and exporting at maximum resolution. The jagged curves in certain camera directions will not go away. In other directions (north and east) i do not get this issues.

Again this does not happen when a model is by itself. It is only happening to linked revit models in the site context.

Message 9 of 10
tcohenibi

Hi,  I am having the same issue with my model.  All my curves are being simplifed into a series of lines in linked revit files.  It looks fine in 3d axonometric view but in camera views my ciricle turn to squares.

Thanks

Message 10 of 10

Hi RevitUser123,

I'm sorry for the very late reply!I have a question - since you say these jagged lines only occur when you have the linked site model visible, it makes me think of a possible problem. Sometimes if the model is VERY large (a mile or 2 across) this can cause Revit to draw patterns and lines incorrectly. I don't know your file - but can you check to see if this is the case with your site file? It is possible that the 0,0 origin of your Revit file is very far away from your content - and this would cause graphics issues. I hope this helps resolve this issue!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report