Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Path of Travel Tool

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ChrisGamble
465 Views, 7 Replies

2021 Path of Travel Tool

Is it possible to add a secondary path that branches off of one path of travel? The image in this article on Autodesk's knowledge network implies this is the case, or its misleading and instead is showing how the one end of the path can be moved to a different location. 

Also does anyone have any additional thoughts on the tool and how it operates in 2021? It seems simple enough but I'm curious about its behavior in a real world scenario on a live project. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: ChrisGamble

Add a Waypoint

Message 3 of 8
ChrisGamble
in reply to: barthbradley

Adding a waypoint seems to only add a vertex the the original line. The image in the link implies one path of travel can split to have two endpoints; that is what I am trying to accomplish. But I assume it is impossible and that image is of two lines that overlap at the origin and then split later on down the path.

Message 4 of 8
barthbradley

I'm seeing two lines; P1 and P2.  

Message 5 of 8

@ChrisGamble 

The image in the link implies one path of travel can split to have two endpoints; that is what I am trying to accomplish.

The path of travel tool is designed to illustrate and measure between a single start point and and single end point (with the possibility of adding way points).

By saying you would like to have different end points for the same object is illogical. I would suggest rather that you are trying to compare the results of two paths of travel leading to distinct end points in order to identify the path that meets your requirements. To achieve this, I concur with @barthbradley,'s two posts and would clarify :

1. Create a first path of travel named P1;

2. If a common way point is required, add it to P1;

3. Duplicate P1 and rename to P2;

4. Change the end point of P2.

You will then be able to compare distances, time of travel and the path illustration between the two options.

In hoping this clarifies your question.

-luc

Message 6 of 8
JuanYusta

Hi @ChrisGamble 

Months ago I made a video explaining the tool in depth, maybe it can help you.
It is in Spanish but has English subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpyuhHIaeTE

Message 7 of 8
ChrisGamble

Thanks for all the replies, I follow. The image is of two lines placed on top of each other. I was hoping the line had the ability to split at some point on the single path, but I understand you would need to schedule two separate lines for the paths. 

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Just including to Vijay's records above - the time is a trustworthy distance/speed calculation, the usage of the residences shown inside the panel like this page. So a ways, there's no accounting for wide variety of doors transitions or demographics within the current launch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators