Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 - Text Glitch

58 REPLIES 58
SOLVED
Message 1 of 59
jcortelyou
13679 Views, 58 Replies

2017 - Text Glitch

So when you type text in the new text box, the curser moves one way and the text moves another!!!!  What's up with that?!!  It also greys out the text when you edit it.  So much for new improvements....  Any fixes, please let me know.

-jCapture.JPG

58 REPLIES 58
Message 21 of 59
jking
in reply to: jeppsMX3UQ

I think what Trey is saying, in much more eloquent terms, is slow down a little and actually let your views load.  That extra half-second isn't going to break the bank.

It would explain why I've not run across this particular issue yet; it actually makes sense.  If you're providing additional input while a file loads, you can unintentionally alter setting values as they're read in.  I've seen it happen in other programs before too.

Message 22 of 59
jeppsMX3UQ
in reply to: jking

It's rather funny that you say that because this same issue happens with a 67 y/o architect who certainly isn't a speed demon. This is a bug to be addressed by the developers, plain and simple, but as a temporary stop-gap closing and reopening the view seems to be an effective quick fix.

Message 23 of 59
spot987
in reply to: jeppsMX3UQ

Are we any closer at all to getting this fixed? I now have 10 projects on the go in 2017 with no way back and this issue is starting to cost me a lot of time which equals  a lot of money.  We need this fixed NOW,this is a faulty product, in any other situation faulty products are replaced or purchase price refunded ! 

Message 24 of 59
damo3
in reply to: spot987

Faulty product? Is this your first time using Autodesk software? Smiley Wink The problem has been reported, they are working on it... just like any other software with a problem. 

........10 projects? It has been barely a month since release, the help menu, forums and blogs are all full of "be aware of text update issues". If your going to throw all your eggs in one basket.... 

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Message 25 of 59
spot987
in reply to: damo3

Been using Revit since Version 5.1, around 2003 I think from memory, yourself ?
Thats a lot of subscription $$$ from my own pocket, yourself ?
Been a beta tester for many years as well, yourself ?
Sorry not 10 project it's 12, my mistake.I work for myself in the domestic housing market,
12 projects started in a month, not uncommon,what your not busy ?
After a failed upgrade experience with Windows 10 and Revit, and after Several Support cases with ADSK who's response was
"Windows 10 is NOT a supported operating system for ANY ADSK products" (users take note ) so can't help with Revit / W10 issues,
I deceided to clean install back to Windows 7 and wipe at least 4 previous versions of Revit and everything else from my machine.
So with a clean machine I deceided not to install 2016 and go straight to 2017 and save polluting my clean install,
yes it was a gamble BUT it was my choice.
Is it wrong of me to request some support with this issue ?
What if you had just bought my first seat and got Revit 2017 and after paying the
"000's of $$$ (out of your OWN pocket)  that it costs at startup  and find that I had received a faulty product ?

BTW
More than aware of text and upgrade warnings, all these projects were satrted in 2017, this is not an upgrade issue.

Message 26 of 59
treyk
in reply to: jcortelyou

Hi everyone--

I believe we have this "reverse text selection" issue fixed in Revit 2017 Service Pack 1 (SP1), which should be coming out very soon (and fixes a number of issues). Be sure to download it!

Trey

TreyKlein

Principal Revit QA Analyst

Message 27 of 59
damo3

Spot, that was my point. 5.1, beta tester, own business... you should know better. sound like a guy who likes to live on the edge! 

Treyk swoops in with the beers! Good news. Where were you 24 hrs ago!? Smiley Very Happy

P.s. 6.1, but I was close! 

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Message 28 of 59
spot987
in reply to: damo3

No I don't "live on the edge" but then again not scared of having a go either, someone has to go through some pain for others to benefit, like i said I was a victim of circumstance with the Windows 10 / Revit debacle and this is the first time I have left myself vulnerable and the first time ever I have used ADSK support and it has been less than a pleasant experience with no issues resolved.

Anyway, good news they have it sorted, now just any indication of when SP1 will be released would be comforting, nothing precise just some indication, 2 weeks, 1 month, anything will do. As you will understand, over the years we have all held off waiting for that first SP ,update, point release.etc.. to be released so we can move on but never knowing when that will be can be very frustrating.

Message 29 of 59
treyk

Spot--

Fingers crossed that you get some good news today...

Trey

TreyKlein

Message 30 of 59
info
in reply to: treyk

Hello, 

This out of the subject but is their any way to change the Revit 2017 Text height back to the 2016 height????

Message 31 of 59
Homsey-CCH

The text bug is not "very occasional" in a model upgraded from 2016 to 2017.  It happens as often as it doesn't.  Regardless of a stair being in the view, or editing in views instead of sheets.  Opening and closing a view doesn't affect the chance of it, or fix it.

Certain actions can start and stop the bug in my model.  If the editor is working and I do one of these, it will likely break, and if it's broken, this will often fix it temporarilly.

1. Resize the border of the note.
  2. De-select the note.  Zoom in or out a bit.  Re-select.
  3. Edit a different note and go back to the first note.

It is maddeningly hard to predict or avoid.

Message 32 of 59
dgodave

This DOES happen with new text.

Message 33 of 59
yavork

So I kept my fingers crossed 4 days now - did we get the update? I dont see it anywhere...??

Message 34 of 59
dgodave
in reply to: dgodave

This is pretty close to a disaster for me.  MOST of my new text I have to enter exactly correct the first time.  Edits are impossible to figure out.

MOST of my existing text need to be re-entered in full and perfectly if any edits are requireds.

Message 35 of 59
jchen

Hi Trey,

I have the same issue, the cursor works in mirroring, it makes me won't be able to do any editing.

Any feedback from Autodesk?

Thanks,

Jospeh

Message 36 of 59
treyk
in reply to: jchen

We've verified that this insanely irritating issue has been fixed by the Revit 2017 SP1 Service Pack.  My understanding is that it should be available soon. It fixes a number of issues, so grab it as soon as it comes out!

Thanks,

Trey

TreyKlein

Message 37 of 59
spot987

Soon !!!!
How long is a "Soon" ???
Would like to try "Soon" when request for Subscription fees are due.
Can't we just have a Hotfix instead of bundling it into a SP so we can all get on with using 2017 ?

Message 38 of 59
jcortelyou

Good News Guys!!  I received a Service Pack 1 Update This Morning!!  It seems to have fixed the Text Glitch Issue.  Lets put this to bed!  If you are not getting an alert for it, make sure you have the new Autodesk App installed - It lives in your system tray.  Good Luck!

Message 39 of 59
treyk

The Revit 2017 Service Pack 1 update can also be found here:  http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/download.asp?fileID=2673

TreyKlein

Message 40 of 59
jeppsMX3UQ

Thanks Trey, I have to ask does this update include the update for BDSP? I've been on the autodesk site and there is nothing related to an update for the Building Design Suite Premium, how do I get this rolling for the suite version of Revit?

Scratch that, I just gave it a try and this patch updates the BDSP version of Revit 2017 just fine!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report