Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 tools ribbon appearing black and program not functioning.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sealbmx35
215 Views, 1 Reply

Revit 2015 tools ribbon appearing black and program not functioning.

Hi Guys,

I have installed the student version of Revit 2015 on my macbook pro which has been bootcamped and installed with Windows 10.
Laptop is brand new and runs extremely fast when in use including opening revit and when in the main opening screen. But as soon as i open a project in Revit the tools ribbon and menu along the top of the page does not load and appears as a solid black area. I physically have to run my mouse over the area for the buttons to appear but as soon as i switch windows they go back to being black. The program also doesn't seem to be operating properly as i scroll my mouse over the project the individual parts of the building do not highlight or react to the mouse touching them. It also does not open floor plans etc properly and only likes to open the 3d view.
I am guessing this is a problem with the program not my computer as i have had now problems with my computer so far.
Shouldn't be a problem with the computer runnning the program either as the windows side has 200gb of storage and basically nothing on the computer. Computer is also running 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz) so shouldn't be anything to do with processor power etc.
If anyone is able to help me fix this issue it would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeremytammik
in reply to: sealbmx35

Please note that this discussion forum is dedicated to programming Revit using the Revit API.

Therefore, you cannot expect an answer to a question such as yours relating to installation, product usage or end user support issues here.

You should try one of the non-API Revit product support discussion forums instead for that:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api/this-forum-is-for-revit-api-programming-questions-not-for/td...

I hope this clarifies.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community