Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbound Shared Parameters in Family documents.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
stephen_harrison
344 Views, 1 Reply

Unbound Shared Parameters in Family documents.

First my thanks in advance for any help that is provided.

Background I am using Revit 2016 and programming in C#.

I have been exploring Shared Parameters in all forms of Revit documents and have identified that all though a shared parameter may have been removed there can be a legacy of that shared parameter left. This can for example prevent a shared parameter with the same GUID but different name being added to a document.

I thought up until recently this was limited to project and templates but recent experience has proven this to be incorrect.

Using a FilteredElementCollector I have been able to identify all the Shared parameters in the document (Project, Template or Family). Within a Project and Template I have then utilised doc.ParameterBindings.Contains(def) to identify those parameters that are still bound to a Category. Those that remain are what I have referred to as legacy shared parameters. I have however been unable to identify a similar method to separate out these legacy parameters in a Family document. 

Any help will be much appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your query.

Sorry, I am not aware of any possibility to achieve this either.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community