Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TesselatedShapeBuilder and DirectShape: Hiding internal edges?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Aminius
1080 Views, 4 Replies

TesselatedShapeBuilder and DirectShape: Hiding internal edges?

Hi everyone,

I have successfully imported a 3D Mesh from a CPIXML into Revit, using TesselatedShapeBuilder, and creating a DirectShape.

But I don't really like what it looks like:

RevitMesh.png

I'd rather have it look something like this:

DesiteMesh.png

Meaning, I want to group triangles into faces so that not every triangle edge is being drawn, but only face boundaries.

I don't expect Revit to auto-detect this, my import data actually provides this information (triangles are grouped into surfaces).

Is there a way I can tell the ShapeBuilder or the Shape to treat triangle groups as one face, instead of treating every single triangle as a face?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Revitalizer
in reply to: Aminius

Hi,

if you don't want to see tesselated faces but a smooth boundary defined object,

the BRepBuilder class may be interesting for you.

Revitalizer

Rudolf Honke
Software Developer
Mensch und Maschine

Message 3 of 5
Aminius
in reply to: Revitalizer

Thanks for the hint, I will look into it!

Message 4 of 5
Aminius

Hi again,

so I used a BRepBuilder... I needed a while to figure out how it's used, but now I have this:

BRepBuilderMesh.png

What I'm doing is, I'm creating each triangle as a face with a Plane as support surface (since I don't have any knowledge of the shape of the object I'm building while I'm building it) and then add its three edges to a loop (with reversed direction if I use the edge a second time). Am I doing it right?

This obviously does not get rid of the tesselation lines on curved surfaces, but at least it works on the planar ones, which would be the most common case anyway.

So it's a good enough solution for me - unless someone has an idea how to improve it further?

Message 5 of 5
MiguelGT17

Hi there, I've faced the same issue. The workaround I went for is to uncheck the show edges box in Graphic display options:

MiguelGT17_0-1646346832219.png

As you can see, now I have a much clearer picture 

MiguelGT17_1-1646346891911.png

MiguelGT17_2-1646346965301.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community