Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab key press in modeless dialog crashes Revit 2016

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tsc444
259 Views, 1 Reply

Tab key press in modeless dialog crashes Revit 2016

Hi,

I'm using a dockable panel to display a user control (a Winforms Property Grid) that allows me to edit properties of selected elements in the Revit model. It works fine but Revit crashes as soon as I hit the tab key while the property grid has focus (no matter whether elements are currently selected or not). The only "solution" I have found so far is to filter out tab key presses altogether which doesn't help because then tab selection in Revit would no longer be possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Thomas Schmidt

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JimJia
in reply to: tsc444

Dear Thomas Schmidt,

Can you provide a reproducible case for it?
In order to explore this matter further, we will need to provide a minimal reproducible case for the development team to analyse in depth.
In order to understand exactly what you mean and be able to research possible reasons for the discrepancy between the observed and expected behaviour, they require:
· A short exact description of what you are trying to achieve.
· The behavior you observe versus what you expect, and why this is a problem.
· A complete yet minimal Revit sample model to run a test in.
· A complete yet minimal macro embedded in the sample model or Visual Studio solution with add-in manifest that can be compiled, loaded, run and debugged with a single click to analyse its behavior live in the sample model.
· Detailed step-by-step instructions for reproducing the issue, e.g. which element to pick, what command to launch etc.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Jim Jia
Autodesk Forge Evangelist
https://forge.autodesk.com
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network
Email: Jim.Jia@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community