Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep Profile 3d not valid inputs for xy sweep profile requirements in a family document.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
FrankHolidaytoiling
158 Views, 1 Reply

Sweep Profile 3d not valid inputs for xy sweep profile requirements in a family document.

I am having trouble using the SweepProfile from a project in the creation of a sweep inside of a family document. I am nearly certain that the issue is because my SweepProfile points have Z-values that are not 0, so how does one convert the 3d coords to 2d and maintain the sweep in the same location relative to the the swept path? I would have thought this a built-in method to control the conversion to the XY plane? If not Does anyone know of a post or other similar resolution rather than me reinventing the wheel?

Here is where I found my issue is likely because i am trying to use a 3d sweep profile when i need an xy profile to create a new profile in a family...

https://adndevblog.typepad.com/aec/revit/page/22/

After some research and discussion, we determined that the input profile curve loop must be in the XY plane, implying that the Z coordinates must all be zero. Revit will calculate the profile planes with the input path curve and then transforms the XY plane curve loop to the right profile plane internally. In other words, you need to define the curve profiles to be 2D and located in the XY plane, i.e. set the XYZ input points' Z coordinates to zero. Unfortunately, the documentation does not mention the XY plane, it just states that the curves should be in one plane. Once we set all the Z coordinates to zero, it works fine.

Labels (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I found this...hopefully my sweep profiles dont end up in odd places, if its relevant and i am not reinventing the wheel?

https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2008/12/polygon-transformation.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report