Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Wall using Revit API

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sahu.jyotirmayee
3832 Views, 6 Replies

Split Wall using Revit API

Hi,

Hope you are doing great. I would like to ask you a question regarding splitting the wall.

Question:

I have a wall and have to split it using Revit API. I have placement points as an input and need to split the wall based on those points. Do we have any command to achieve this using Revit API?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Jyoti

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Jyoti,

Revit doesn't come with any type of intersect or split elements. I have something started. You can find the code here:

https://github.com/chhadidg/EditElements

It works so far for the beams. I didn't have time to finish this. Maybe one day. Feel free to use the code.

regards

Christian 

Message 3 of 7

Dear Jyoti,

What do you mean by split wall? You can split certain family instances, such as beams, columns, etc. using the FamilyInstance.Split method. That does not apply to walls, however. You can split faces on a wall to apply different materials. For that, please refer to the FaceSplitter class.

Cheers,

Jeremy

c.f. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39494159/split-wall-using-revit-api/39506899#39506899

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 4 of 7
chhadidg73
in reply to: jeremytammik

I still think for walls you would need to generate the new placement lines for the walls.

Message 5 of 7

Hi Jeremy,

I want to implement a functionality similar  to "Split with Gap" tool which we have in Revit 2015. Please let me know how to use this tool/implement it's functionality using Revit 2015 API.

Thanks,

Jyoti

Message 6 of 7

Message 7 of 7

Further discussion on this topic in this thread:

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community