Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RevitServices.dll documentation located where?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dbrokaw
2451 Views, 3 Replies

RevitServices.dll documentation located where?

Can anyone point me to any documentation regarding the RevitServices.dll?

I am trying to learn to use IronPython in Dynamo and clr.AddReference("RevitServices") is something I would like to understand deeper. I have decomplied the file and looked it over. I would still like to know if there is documentation covering all the functionality of whats in the RevitServices.dll.

I have search RevitServices.dll in the SDK.chm and the revitapidocs but nothing is there. Perhaps I am searching for the wrong things....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wspratlen
in reply to: dbrokaw

I haven't researched that one yet, but some classes in the SDK require other dll files (See picture below).

Hopefully this sheds some light.

Dll Recommendations.JPG

Message 3 of 4
dbrokaw
in reply to: wspratlen

Message 4 of 4
WM_Ron_Allen
in reply to: dbrokaw

@dbrokaw Getting heavy into coding now... Steep learning curve - really thinking of reexploring the Revit API (Found a Really good Linked In Learning from zero to full app)

If using Visual studio for searching - I used this to find the classes for DocumentManager - adding it into the "Custom component set" for searching.
"

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit [####]\AddIns\DynamoForRevit\Revit\RevitServices.dll

Ron Allen
Ware Malcomb Bim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community