Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with Intersect Method (Face)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pmcmm1
656 Views, 3 Replies

problems with Intersect Method (Face)

Hello everyone,

I'm running into some problems with the function Intersection Method. I'm using revit's energy model to find adjacencies between envelope elements. Therefore I am getting the geometry of each envelope element, passing it to faces and then running intersection between all of them. So far, so good.

The problem comes when I started to analyze the results, the function kept returning more intersections than expected, sometimes even repeated ones. This is strange as the energy model consists of good geometry. So I started to analyze the results surface by surface, and I found the culprit. For two surfaces totally separated, sometimes the function returned an adjacency. See the picture as an example in which a face from a wall and a face from a floor returned an adjacency (in blue):

adjacency.png

I went to revitapidocs and I might have found why this happens:

"Face class => Face Methods => Intersection Method (Face)

Remarks:

This is not a general-purpose function: it only works properly for simple configurations. For other configurations, it may return an incorrect result."

Does this mean that this function is unreliable? In which situations are not working? Is my request too complex for this function?

Thanks for the help,
Pedro
3 REPLIES 3
Message 3 of 4
pmcmm1
in reply to: Revitalizer

Thanks for the prompt reply Revitalizer!

I find it very disappointing that the error has been reported more than two years ago and autodesk has neither fixed it or nor updated the revit documentation informing that this function often provides false positives...

Message 4 of 4
Revitalizer
in reply to: pmcmm1

Hi,

me, too.

It's much easier for the company to add new features than to fix the old bugs.

Prodly presenting new stuff in shorter intervals...

https://blogs.autodesk.com/revit/2019/08/23/revit-public-roadmap-august-2019/

Revitalizer

Rudolf Honke
Software Developer
Mensch und Maschine

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community