Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting a failure in IUpdater during element creation?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
erikeriksson5686
254 Views, 6 Replies

Posting a failure in IUpdater during element creation?

Hi,

Im trying to ensure that users cannot change the offset of certain types of elements by having an IUpdater implementation check if the Offset parameter has changed and then posting a Error type FailureMessage if this is true.
All works great except when users copy existing instances in elevation (for instance), because then they can set the offset by placing the instance where ever they like.

Im able to capture this in my IUpdater and post the FailureMessage, but Revit does not display this and the element is placed with an offset.

Has anybody seen this before?

Thanks!

/Erik

Erik Eriksson
White
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Dear Erik,

Thank you for your report and query.

I reported it to the development team and will let you know when I hear back from them.

Can you provide a minimal reproducible case for this, in case they want to explore further?

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/about-the-author.html#1b

Thank you!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 7

Hi @erikeriksson5686,

I agree with Jeremy, some code would be useful in diagnosing the issue.

Do you have an updater that traps newly created elements of this type? If not, you should. In that updater, you could set the offset yourself.

Cheers,

-Matt

Hi guys,

Ok, I've made a small repro sample out of my Project.
I've copied and pasted so some things might not be needed, but the code shows the error.  

To provoke the error just copy and paste a family instance element in a elevation or section with the code loaded.

I've created a github repo for the code here:
https://github.com/Erik8309/FailurePostProblem

Thanks for taking a look!

/Erik

Erik Eriksson
White
Message 5 of 7

Dear Erik,

Thank you for your repro case.

I logged the issue REVIT-110529 [Revit ignores FailureMessage in IUpdater -- 12792164] with our development team for this on your behalf as it requires further exploration and possibly a modification to our software. Please make a note of this number for future reference.

You are welcome to request an update on the status of this issue or to provide additional information on it at any time quoting this change request number.

This issue is important to me. What can I do to help?

This issue needs to be assessed by our engineering team, and prioritised against all other outstanding change requests. Any information that you can provide to influence this assessment will help. Please provide the following where possible:

• Impact on your application and/or your development.
  • The number of users affected.
  • The potential revenue impact to you.
  • The potential revenue impact to Autodesk.
  • Realistic timescale over which a fix would help you.
  • In the case of a request for a new feature or a feature enhancement, please also provide detailed Use cases for the workflows that this change would address.

This information is extremely important. Our engineering team have limited resources, and so must focus their efforts on the highest impact items. We do understand that this will cause you delays and affect your development planning, and we appreciate your cooperation and patience.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
The Building Coder

Message 6 of 7

Hi Jeremy,

thank you for logging the issue.
I have a question regarding these issue logs, I've logged quite a few over the years.
Is there a way for me to see what has been logged because of me and if they are fixed? Or do I have to ask you with each specific issue id?

Erik Eriksson
White
Message 7 of 7

Hi Erik,

Yes, indeed.

Answers:

1. No.

2. Yes.

Sorry about that.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community