Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pdf filename

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tdaniel
411 Views, 4 Replies

Pdf filename

I am trying to use the ViewPrinter example to create an addin that will allow custom naming when printing to pdf.  Rather than purchasing a 3rd party program, I prefer to write the code myself to get more experience with the api.  My goal is to allow the user to either use sheet number or sheet name and auto-remove the username from worksharing files as we have strict internal naming conventions. 

Any guidance on where I should start would be greatly appreciated.  I can't seem to find where the sheetname/sheetnumber gets added to the string.  I am a beginner with the Revit api and welcome any and all advice!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: tdaniel

I'm not sure about the requirements... can you clarify?

About this sample, there is one option to separete files, which create the files and you can track them... would that meet your scenario?

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 5
tdaniel
in reply to: augusto.goncalves

Thanks for your response.  I would like to have the following output options available when naming the pdfs.

(Project Name) + (Sheet number) + (Sheet Name)

(Project Name) + (Sheet Number)

For worksharing projects I want to remove the username from the Project Name.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 5
augusto.goncalves

Sorry I don't see this setting available on the PrintManager, only the option to combine or not the files. One alternative way can be track the files that are created at the destination folder and adjust the name... but this is using Windows APIs.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 5 of 5
dannett2B232

Has this been solved yet in Revit 2016? I just want a short filename of just like AutoCADs publish tool allows.

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community