Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outline is empty

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
modar.mayyaYT7S7
743 Views, 1 Reply

Outline is empty

Hi everyone,

I am having the problem of having an empty Outline.

I found an old post about that but unfortunately did not find a solution there.

Basically, I have a solid and would like to get an outline from it.

I calculated all possible min max combinations but they are not always valid to make a non-empty outline. Sometimes all of them result an empty outline.

I am sure that the Minimum points are always lower than the Maximum points.

this screenshot below shows some drawn solids and all possible combinations of min and max.

The ones with vertical small line in the upper half mean that they result empty outlines.

1 (1).png

The screenshot below shows the debugging values.

2.png

Information that could be interesting for you. If I get the boundingbox of the solid then try to create an outline with the min max of the bounding box, they work fine but I cannot rely on them because they are not accurate enough.

I will appreciate your help.

Best regards.
Modar

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

It seems that there is no way to get an accurate box to intersect with using the bounding box.

As mentioned in other discussions here and in Jeremy's blog, all the coordinates of the Minimum point should be smaller than the Maximum point in order to make a non-empty outline but this will not provide an accurate solution for some rotated elements.

Till now I found that filtering using the intersection with solid is an acceptable solution.

BR

Modar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community