Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NewSweep: One of the conditions for the inputs was not satisfied

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dirk.neethling
467 Views, 1 Reply

NewSweep: One of the conditions for the inputs was not satisfied

I'm trying to get NewSweep to work in a FamilyDocument, using the following code:

Sweep solid = famDoc.FamilyCreate.NewSweep(
                    true,
                    path,
                    pathPlane,
                    sweepProfile,
                    ProfilePlaneLocation.Start);

path is a curve object, obtained either from a ModelLine (Line) or a ModelCurve (Arc):

Here a Line:

+  sweepes.First().GetEndPoint(0) {(8.720219129, -1.734559431, -2.292233980)} Autodesk.Revit.DB.XYZ
+  sweepes.First().GetEndPoint(1) {(8.720219129, -1.734559431, 2.306425830)} Autodesk.Revit.DB.XYZ

sweepProfile was obtained by running

sweepProfile = famDoc.Application.Create.NewCurveLoopsProfile(curveArrArr);
curveArrArr = new CurveArrArray();
arr = new CurveArray();
curveArrArr.Append(arr);
foreach (var item in profileLoop)
                        arr.Append(item);

profileLoop contains the Profile built using a CurveLoop, obtained from the method below: getFamilyProfile

When I run NewSweep, I get the following error:

{"One of the conditions for the inputs was not satisfied. Consult the documentation for requirements for each argument."} System.Exception {Autodesk.Revit.Exceptions.ArgumentException}

Which condition is not met?

Regards, Dirk

CurveLoop getFamilyProfile(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Document famDoc, Plane LoopPlane, bool drawProfile)
    {
        var _profilepoints = new List<XYZ>() { 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(-10,0)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(-11.36,-7.7)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(-14.15,-10.49)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(-13,-16.5)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(-11,-16.5)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(-10.27,-13.78)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(-9.41,-12.5)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(-7.95,-12)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(-6.49,-12.5)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(-5.63,-13.78)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(-4.91,-16.5)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(-2.91,-16.5)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(-2.18,-13.78)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(-1.4,-12.5)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(0,-12)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(1.4,-12.5 )), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(2.18,-13.78)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(2.91,-16.5)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(4.91,-16.5)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(5.63,-13.78)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(6.49,-12.5)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(7.95,-12)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(9.41,-12.5)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(10.27,-13.78)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(11,-16.5)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(13,-16.5)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(14.15,-10.49)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(11.36,-7.7)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(10,0)), 
                FAIR_Space.Extensions.MmToFootPlanePoint(LoopPlane,new UV(-10,0))
            };

CurveLoop profileLoop = new CurveLoop();

for (int i = 0; i < (_profilepoints.Count - 1); i++)
        {
            Line line = Line.CreateBound(_profilepoints[i], _profilepoints[i + 1]);
            if (drawProfile)
                Creator.CreateModelLine(famDoc, _profilepoints[i], _profilepoints[i + 1]);
            profileLoop.Append(line);
        }

return profileLoop;
    }
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I solved the Problem. The plane needs to be the plane on which the path lies, turned such that the Profile has the desired orientation.

In the Project Document, using GeometryCreationUtilities.CreateSweptGeometry,one neds to transform the Profile explicitly, but in the FamylDocument it's taken care of by the API.

The Profile is drawn in the XY plane, and Revit automatically transforms it into the plane where the path lies.

The trick is to make sure that the path and the SketchPlane are on the same plane.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community