Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key schedule add parameter

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
office
823 Views, 6 Replies

Key schedule add parameter

is there an api way to create a non-shared parameter for a (key)schedule like supported by the UI?

right now i am only able to create the KEY parameter and add all schedulable fields already existing.

my examination of both api manual and the net didn't suggest a solution for that.

tx

peter

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jeremytammik
in reply to: office

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your query.

I am sorry to say that there is currently no API access to this functionality.

We have an existing wish list item CF-3731 [API wish: programmatically create non-shared project parameter] for this functionality, which will require exploration and possibly a modification to our software. I added a note of your request to this item in order to make the development team aware of its importance. Please make a note of this number for future reference.

You are welcome to request an update on the status of this issue or to provide us with additional information at any time quoting this wish list item number.

This issue is important to me. What can I do to help?

This issue needs to be assessed by our engineering team, and prioritised against all of the other outstanding change requests. Any information that you can provide to influence this assessment will help. Please provide the following where possible:

• Impact on your application and/or your development.
  • The number of users affected.
  • The potential revenue impact to you.
  • The potential revenue impact to Autodesk.
  • Realistic timescale over which a fix would help you.
  • In the case of a request for a new feature or a feature enhancement, please also provide detailed Use cases for the workflows that this change would address.

This information is extremely important. Our engineering team have limited resources, and so must focus their efforts on the highest impact items. We do understand that this will cause you delays and affect your development planning, and we appreciate your cooperation and patience.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 7

Just checking to see if this is still current 🙂

thanks,

Mark

Message 4 of 7

Afaik, yes.

Happy New Year!

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
Message 5 of 7
BenoitE&A
in reply to: jeremy_tammik

Hey,

The direct solution is not supported but as usual there are sideways... 

You could for example check the results of the Duplicate method...

Benoit

Benoit FAVRE
CEO of etudes & automates
www.etudesetautomates.com/
Message 6 of 7
Mark.Ackerley
in reply to: BenoitE&A

Hi, thanks, yes, my workaround uses Dynamo nodes which create a dummy shared parameter file, which is then deleted.

Cheers,

Mark

Message 7 of 7
Bishesh.M
in reply to: Mark.Ackerley

@Mark.Ackerleycould you please share how you did it? I'm use Revit 2019 and 2020. Shared parameters don't even appear in the list when I tried to add it to my Key schedule.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community