Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Between Revit and DIALux evo

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kmostafa2LHD2
139 Views, 3 Replies

Integration Between Revit and DIALux evo

Hey Dev Community,

I’m working on a tool that requires exporting building and lighting data, and I need to generate files in the STF format, which is used for data exchange with DIALux evo. Unfortunately, there are limited resources on the structure of this format, and most documentation I’ve found only covers exporting one floor at a time without details on lighting shapes or types.

I recently discovered that Autodesk MEP can export this format, and I’m struggling to find any official or detailed breakdown of the file structure. Does anyone have experience with this format or know where I can find resources or documentation on it?

Karim Mostafa 
Software Engineer I

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I searched for the terms you name. Afaict, you mean AutoCAD MEP, not Autodesk MEP. You can discuss AutoCAD MEP usage and programming questions in the AutoCAD MEP discussion forum:

I searched for DiaLux and STF, and found the following:

DiaLux:

Knowledge Base DIALux evo - STF Data exchange:

> Manufacturer of CAD software, like the STF interface to be integrated in their program, are invited to get in contact with DIAL. Your contact can be reached at the email address Bremecker@dial.de. We will gladly send you the current documentation for the interface free of charge.

To exchange data between DIALux software and AutoCAD MEP:

I suggest you follow the DIALux knowledge base suggestion and contact Bremecker@dial.de for further information.

Jeremy Tammik Developer Advocacy and Support + The Building Coder + Autodesk Developer Network + ADN Open
Message 3 of 4
ankofl
in reply to: kmostafa2LHD2

Hi @kmostafa2LHD2 

Im finded STF-Exporter 

I
think you can extract the necessary information about the format of this file from this repository

Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the quick response.

I have already submitted a request for the STF interface documentation but haven’t received any response yet.

I’ve managed to extract some information from the repository, but it’s not enough for my tool because:

• The shape of the luminaires is always set to a box, which is not flexible as below snap.
  • DAIlux only support luminaires from its subscribed members and all luminaires imported in DAIlex evo that extracted from that add-in are marked as not branded yet and need to be replaced where I have the IES file of correct luminaires and want to include it in STF file if applicable.
  • It doesn’t support multi-Storey buildings in a single file, and DIALux evo only supports to import one STF file per project. 
  • Several other features I need are not implemented.

Thank you for your assistance.

kmostafa2LHD2_1-1727847556378.png

kmostafa2LHD2_2-1727847936502.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report