Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Plan Level 01 view Origin Z coordinate in Architectural Template

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
thomas
445 Views, 3 Replies

Incorrect Plan Level 01 view Origin Z coordinate in Architectural Template

I'm noticing some strange behaviour with the Z height reading of the Level 01 view origin from an out-of-the-box architectural template. When creating a new RVT using the architectural template (from Revit 2015-17), there are two default plan levels: Level 00 and Level 01. When I extract the Level 01 view origin (using the View class ViewOrigin property) it always reports 0.0 as the Z height, instead of its actual height. If I delete this level and create a new level with the same name at the same height, the Z coordinate reading is then correct. I need to know the correct height for a script I'm writing and want to avoid having to write a bug fix just to handle this error. If anyone can tell me if this is indeed a bug or as-designed behaviour, that would most certainly be appreciated! 

Default OOTB Arch Template Level 0 origin

defaul 0.PNG

BUG? Default OOTB Arch Template Level 0 origin - noticce its Z height is incorrectly reported as 0.0

defaul10.PNG

The actual height of Level 01:

Ele.PNG

New Level 02 added to the document - Notice its Z height is correctly reported

defaul2.PNG

Delete OOTB Level 01 and re-create it - Now the Z height is correctly reported

Recreate 01.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
thomas
in reply to: thomas

Just noticed I posted the wrong image and didn't update the subtitle showing the error in Level 01. My apologies for causing any confusion, here it is showing the error described:

BUG? Default OOTB Arch Template Level 1 origin - noticce its Z height is incorrectly reported as 0.0

D 01.PNG

Message 3 of 4
matthew_taylor
in reply to: thomas

Hi Thomas,

I can confirm that the template shows this. (I used RevitLookup.)

According to the developer guide though, a ViewPlan's origin 'is not meaningful': http://www.revitapidocs.com/2017/dbc12b94-75fb-4f5b-ddaf-00f76c6f9290.htm

I'd read that as 'it's not supposed to be depended upon'.

I would consider using the ViewPlan.GenLevel.Elevation for the Z ordinate, if you can access that in Dynamo.

Cheers,

-Matt

Cheers,

-Matt
in reply to: matthew_taylor

Cheers for the steer!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community