Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep have the accurate path for a file located in ACC?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jacsmithstrongtie
173 Views, 2 Replies

How to keep have the accurate path for a file located in ACC?

Hello everyone,

I have been struggling to be able to find the correct way display links accordingly through the Revit API.  When I point to the desktop connector for the file path the cloud link is now turning into an absolute path.  I am assuming because cloud is not a link type in the API.  What is available is Relative, Absolute and Server.  The point of the feature I am working on is if the user copies the link to a new folder our program will allow them to pick a new folder where the link is located.  I am able to keep the ACC path if I am working with .dwg files. But ifc.rvt and .rvt files are giving me grief unless they are cloud work shared models or cloud non-work shared models.  Is there any way that any of you have found a way to maintain the Autodesk:// ACC path?

Any help would be very much appreciated.  Below are the type of links I am talking about.

jacsmithstrongtie_0-1709645468755.png

jacsmithstrongtie_2-1709645693545.png

jacsmithstrongtie_3-1709645724275.png

@ptranU2KHX 

@jeremy_tammik

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

To rephrase, do you mean you want to insert a Revit link located in Autodesk desktop connected drive and the result you get is an absolute link type instead of an cloud link type (Autodesk://...)?

Message 3 of 3

Correct!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Rail Community