Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to duplicate windows and doors

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
abdul.rafee
241 Views, 5 Replies

How to duplicate windows and doors

I have windows and doors with different widths, how I can place these, please help me, anybody, this issue 

Thanks

Syed.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your reply George

But I need to create windows or doors with different widths to assume that some windows have 1 meter while others have 1.5 meters width.

How we do duplicate walls and give different widths like that I am looking.

regards

Syed.

Message 4 of 6

Hi @abdul.rafee,

Here is a forum question that answers your question about copying a wall and its belongings.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/how-to-copy-a-wall-and-it-belongs-via-api/td-p/773496...

  Moturi George,     Developer Advocacy and Support,  ADN Open
Message 5 of 6
jeremy_tammik
in reply to: abdul.rafee

Many thanks to George for the answers. For the sake of completeness, you might also like to take a look at the very first blog post on the topic, from 2008:

https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2008/11/creating-a-new-family-symbol.html

Together with George's answer, it also goes to show that all the information you can possibly need for getting started with basic Revit API questions like this is already out there, and it will be more efficient (and educative) for you in the long run to make a quick search before asking a question and waiting for someone to pick it up...

Good luck and have fun!

Jeremy Tammik Developer Advocacy and Support + The Building Coder + Autodesk Developer Network + ADN Open
Message 6 of 6
abdul.rafee
in reply to: jeremy_tammik

Many thanks Jermy and George for valuable answers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report