Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetCustomDistributionPath from RebarFreeFormAccessor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MiguelGT17
204 Views, 4 Replies

GetCustomDistributionPath from RebarFreeFormAccessor

Is there a way to group up rebars without using RebarContainer command and loading the distribution path data?

MiguelGT17_2-1651722970309.png

Furthermore, There is something strange going on when creating a rebar container. Its distribution path is not correlated to the actual true distribution path

MiguelGT17_1-1651722817393.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeremy_tammik
in reply to: MiguelGT17

Ditto: This sounds like a request for some in-depth rebar API expertise beyond my limited ken, so I asked the devteam for you.

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
Message 3 of 5
MiguelGT17
in reply to: jeremy_tammik

Appreciate the interest for making Revit even great than it is now, we'll be married to the software if we can manage that data

Best regards

Message 4 of 5
StefanDobre
in reply to: MiguelGT17

Question 1:

There are two types of Free Form rebar:

1. The one created from curves, and which doesn’t have any constraints to the host. The input curves for each bar in set can be in any position and it is not possible to set a distribution path for it. An example of such rebar is the sketched free form. To create such Rebar you should call       public static Rebar CreateFreeForm(Document doc, RebarBarType barType, Element host, IList<CurveLoop> curves, out RebarFreeFormValidationResult error);

1. The one created through a server (callback), and which has constraints to the host. Any time when the constraints are modified, the server is called to recompute the Rebar curves. During this calculation, a distribution path can be set too. This distribution path is a list of curves. Aligned and Surface distributions are examples of such free form. To create such Rebar, you should use public static Rebar CreateFreeForm(Document doc, Guid serverGUID, RebarBarType barType, Element host). Look also at the documentation for IRebarUpdateServer class. In the RevitSDK there is a sample that demonstrates how such a free form rebar can be created.

Question 2:

RebarContainerItem is created from a Rebar element (which is a set) and has its own number of bars and of course it will have its own distribution path which is the source Rebar’s distribution path. RebarContainer is just storing a list of RebarContainerItems without having any relations between them.

Message 5 of 5
MiguelGT17
in reply to: StefanDobre

Appreciate those comments, indeed they are very deep insights about question 1.

Concerning question 2 reply, I'm worried about it. I'll find the best approach to reach my goal with the information you have provided so far. Stay bless.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community