Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blank Revit.exe titled dialog when calling SubmitPrint()

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ali.talebi
595 Views, 2 Replies

blank Revit.exe titled dialog when calling SubmitPrint()

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I'm having problem printing sheets in a specific model.

We have developed a custom tool to print specific sheets and it has been working fine so far. There's just one specific model when we try to print that shows a meaningless dialog as per below and fails to print. There seems to be a problem as Revit tries to say something but its all blank:

revit_blank.png

It happens immediately after the call to document.SubmitPrint(). When investigating the journal file I can see the below lines in there (which might be an indication for a bug?):

Jrn.Data "Print Number Of Views" _
, "1"
' 0:< DBG_WARN: Fail to create TaskDialog from file. Object at key is not TaskDialog: line 62 of TaskDialog\AdWindowsTaskDialog.cpp.
' 0:< DBG_WARN: Create TaskDialog from file failed.: line 74 of Dialog\ATaskDialog.cpp.
' 0:< TaskDialog ""
'CommonButtons : Ok

Has anyone seen this dialog before?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ali.talebi
in reply to: ali.talebi

No one? 

Message 3 of 3
stever66
in reply to: ali.talebi

I've seen similar blank revit error messages.  I think they sometimes have a warning or an error icon on them, so I'm not sure I've seen that exact one.

Are you sure that one isn't being generated by your code for your custom print tool?

The ones I've seen seem to be during random crashes. 

And then there is always the occasional event where you are working on something, and Revit just suddenly dissapears.   It's just suddenly gone - like it was never running in the first place.   I'm sure others will testify that does happen.

If you are consistently getting this error box, and you don't think its in your program, I'd recommend doing an audit on the file you are printing from.  Also audit any linked files. That's the only real suggestion I have if you are sure its not your program generating this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community