Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit rendering file cannot be uploaded???

45 REPLIES 45
Message 2 of 46
Anonymous
3485 Views, 45 Replies

Revit rendering file cannot be uploaded???

I attached a screen shot of what happens. I have been trying to render my 3d views in the cloud four days, and each time, I get an error message that says they failed to upload. I have a student account and it is Revit 2015. I have tried everything I know of to do. I've tried a smaller file, creating a new account, and reinstalling the program. Nothing is working. I need to know how to fix it right away. Please help me!!!

45 REPLIES 45
Message 3 of 46
SallyDong2005
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Could you try to log in to cloud rendering web site and try a free sample rendering to check whether your account can work well? If it can work well on web portal, but still can not submit rendering from Revit, I would like to suggest you to install a web debut tool to help to debug this problem.

How to debug this problem with debug tool:

1. Install debug tool: http://www.telerik.com/fiddler

2. lanuch the debug tool

3. lanuch Revit 2015

4. open a project file and click render in cloud

5. click start to render

6. after the error message pop, go to the debug tool, click File -> save -> all sessions...

7. send the saved file to me (yuejuan.dong@autodesk.com)

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 4 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: SallyDong2005

Okay I will send it to you. Thank you! 

Message 5 of 46
Anonymous

I sent it to you from my hotmail email account if that is okay. 

Message 6 of 46
SallyDong2005

It is okay. Thanks.

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 7 of 46

From the log file. this problem may be related to your network. I would like to suggest you to try other network. Any problem please let me know. 

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 8 of 46
Anonymous

Well I tried it at my parents' home and it didn't work. Then I tried it on my college campus and it didn't work. I also tried at my own home and it didn't work. So I've tried three networks already. My classmates have been able to render to the cloud under the same networks as well. Is there anything else I can do?

Message 9 of 46
SallyDong2005

I would like to suggest you to try these, and any problem please let me know.

1. Sign out from your Revit and then close revit

2. open your IE browser and then click Ctrl+Shif+Delete to clean all the cache (check all the options) of your IE browser. 

3. restart your IE and then check the Internet option -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> make sure you do not use any proxy server.

4. open your computer Date and Time setting dialog -> Change time zone - > check your time zone is correct

5. Start Revit and log in and try cloud rendering. 

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 10 of 46
Anonymous

None of those things work. I tried it in both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. And I tried the time zone thing twice. Is there anything else?

Message 11 of 46
SallyDong2005

Could you try to use your classmate's account on your computer and use your account on your lassmate's computer to check wheher the problem is on you account or your computer?

Regards,

Sally

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 1 of 46
Anonymous

I am having this problem too! In Revit 2014, I never had a problem. Now I have Revit 2015, and I get the same error message. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling Revit and everything. I don't know what to do. I have a large file and need this done quickly.

Message 12 of 46
Anonymous

Okay, I tried logging in with a friend's account on my computer and it did not work. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try doing it with my account on a friend's computer.

Message 13 of 46
SallyDong2005

So far, This problem seems caused by that your network settings (time zone/firewall settings i am not sure) on your computer blocked you to upload files. It would be hlepful to check where is the different between your computer and your classmate computer. 

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 14 of 46
Anonymous

Well I have a HP Envy with Windows 8.1 and my internet protection is Total Defense. I also was trying to load some default Revit families into my project and found that I don't have all of the families that should have been in my folders. The majority of them weren't there. For instance, I went to electric -> architectural --> terminals and the only family that was there was a single floor outlet instead of regular terminals that are supposed to be there. Could this stem from the same problem? Is there a way to see what my computer is blocking?

Message 15 of 46
SallyDong2005

I think I missed a question, Did this problem just happen for specific file or for every revit file? If it just for specific file, could you share me your file to let me check it? Regards, Sally

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 16 of 46
Anonymous

I haven't tried any other files. I can do that. I am currently on a classmate's computer seeing if the same file will render under my account on her computer, but it has been loading for a very long time. After this,  I will try doing the same file under a different account on her computer. She said she was able to render her own project on her computer. She has a Samsung with Windows 8.

Message 17 of 46
Anonymous

I mean, a different file under te same account. Not "the same file under a different account"

Message 18 of 46
Anonymous

Okay, so I tried rendering to the cloud with the same file and with my account on a classmate's computer, and it worked. So that must mean something is wrong with my computer? could that be the problem that also prevented me from being able to download all of my revit library?

Message 19 of 46
SallyDong2005

Could you try to upload simple revit file on your machine?

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 20 of 46
Anonymous

Okay, I'll try

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report