Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rhino

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
iwpalfrey
194 Views, 3 Replies

Rhino

Hi I have just installed Remake and created a model. I would like to
know if it is possible to import the created model into Rhino 5?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi. yes, absolutely

Remake can export in many file formats - .OBJ, .STL, .FBX, .PLY

Rhino can read OBJ and PLY (note that STL as file format doesnt carry texture, so if you want the texture with the model, probably best to use OBJ or PLY export) 

Note that reMake models have high polycount and tht might be too heavy for Rhino, so during export you will need to decimate the model as it might be too large for Rhino ( use the advanced export, and the slider to decimate) and if you care about the texture, select rebake texture option

t

Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thanks for that have managed it now.

I do have another problem, I uploaded about 30 photos of an elephant from all angles. When it produced the model it only made a small part of it around the tusk. what would have caused this.

I tried to attach the model to this but it would not let me.

Message 4 of 4

hi. i will have to see th ephotos to advise. was the elephant moving? ( was it alive or a statue/toy)?

there are many things that can cause failure (light/shadows - you need homogenous light, movement, not enough overlap , not enough features. you can share the 360.autodesk.com folder of th eproject with me so i can look at th ephotos and advise

thanks

t

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report