Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReMake on Mac available now

31 REPLIES 31
Message 1 of 32
TatjanaDzambazova
6620 Views, 31 Replies

ReMake on Mac available now

Hi all,

We are proud to share that we finished up the Mac version of ReMake. You can download it from here:

http://remake.autodesk.com/try-remake

This version is entirely free during a limited promo period and will be converted to Freemium / Pro by the end of August when we will have an exciting updates for both the Window and Mac version.

please note that there is no local processing on a Mac and we will not be working on that soon, due to other priorities.

thanks

t

31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: TatjanaDzambazova

Hello Tatjana,

I am very new to 3d printing and autodesk. I'm having issues with the Mac version of ReMake as of it won't open a mesh. After I received the email letting me know the mesh was ready, the software won't do anything with the file. 

Please advise.

Thank you!

Message 3 of 32
TatjanaDzambazova
in reply to: Anonymous

HI! so, did the email say that the mesh was created successfully?

So is it that you could you download it and can see it in your finder but when remake opens it it wont run?

can you check the system requirements and if your Mac satisfy them?

• OS X version 10 or later versions
  • 12 GB or more system RAM
  • Multi core processor
  • Discreet graphics card with 3 GB or more VRAM
  • SSD storage

let me know and if not could you please send me the rcm file or share the 360.autodesk.com folder with me and give me download rights so i can see it? thanks

tatjana.dzambazova@autodesk.com

Message 4 of 32
Anonymous

Hello Tatjana,

My computer meet the specs. I will be emailing you the file.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 32
tgniady

Hi,

I can't upload my photos because I keep getting an error on the filename, but this seems to be a false flag at "erniePyle" should not be a problem, right? This is my first attempt at ReMake. Thanks!

Message 6 of 32
TatjanaDzambazova
in reply to: tgniady

Hi,

so sorry for bad first experience

we accept .JPG type of files only, but i dont think that that is the issue. its that since yesterday there i a temporary outage of the Adsk storage service that impacts the use of ReMake. very sorry about this - we will inform you when the service is up again and terribly sad this is your first experience as this happens really rare 😞

tanja

Message 7 of 32
tgniady

Hi Tatjana,

I've been using Memento since talking to you at Digital Heritage in Spain last year. This was my first try with ReMake. I really hope it stabilizes soon as I would like to use it as a teaching tool in a course here.

Tassie

Message 8 of 32
TatjanaDzambazova
in reply to: tgniady

Hi Tassie, please let us know how it goes. We will soon finalize the Mac version with proper installation and licensing and if there are still instabilities or issues we would need to know. so anything that you see that isn't working or isnt stable, please let us know! many thanks!
tanja

Message 9 of 32
mattkw

Hi Tatjana,

A colleague and I are both using the Mac version of ReMake; however, his program fails to open any mesh, whether it be .OBJ files that ReMake attempts to convert into a .RCM or .RCM files at all, even sample files and those that work on my instance of ReMake. He seems to often receive the error message "RCM file version upgrade failed" when these failures happen. Attempting to potentially update the program seems to crash, and his OS X is up to date as well. Do you have any idea what might be causing this problem?

Thank you!

Message 10 of 32
murali.p
in reply to: mattkw

Hi,

We have discovered a bug that is very specific to Mac platform. We are preparing an update to fix the issues which we are hoping to post t by end of next week.

Regards,

Murali

Message 11 of 32
Anonymous

Current build that I downloaded crashes before any startup screen. Any chance there is a corrupt file on the server??
Message 12 of 32
Anonymous

Hi,

I am not sure if this helps but i had the same issue. It started after i moved my rcm. files to a folder. When i open the files from a folder, remake gives error.

But then i moved the files to the desktop (without a folder) and when i open the files from the desktop, it works.

It sounds like a silly bug, but this is what happened:)

Message 13 of 32
Anonymous

Hmm. This is my first time- I have no files yet !! Or do you mean run the app executable file to desktop?? That would be really odd. Thanks for looking out.
Message 14 of 32
Anonymous

Hi, sorry it was actually an answer to mattkw, my bad.

So i guess there are some bugs in mac version, i havent seen any issue on windows version. But maybe you can try to reinstall Remake
Message 15 of 32
murali.p

Hi,

Yes it looks like Mac specific issue, I will ask a Mac developer to follow up.

Regards,

Murali

Message 16 of 32
karthik.nathan

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you give us a little more details regarding the rcms that wouldn't open ...

1) What was the folder name that the rcms failed to open from?

2) What was the error that ReMake gave when trying to open the RCM.

3) Can you share the rcms that failed to open with me ... you can share it via A360 with karthik.nathan@autodesk.com

@Anonymous & @mattkw, can you possible email the crash report to me at karthik.nathan@autodesk.com so i can take a look.

You can you find the crash report by opening Console in OS X via Spotlight. Click on the 'System Reports' tab on the left, and find the ReMake crash report by scrolling through the list (which is alphabetical). You can then click the 'Share' button at the top and choose Mail to email it to me. We will take a look.

Thanks.

-Karthik

Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: karthik.nathan

Hi,

Is the ReMake version for Mac not available at the moment? I downloaded it 2 months ago, it worked fine. Now I just reset my Mac and try to reinstalling it but it's only available in Window version now.

Thank you!!!

Message 18 of 32
barmanr

Hi @Anonymous,

The Mac beta version was promotionally available for free for quite a while and recently has been discontinued. ReMake is very demanding on the hardware specifications and graphics card capabilities. At this stage, we are unable to support multiple platforms and hence we will be focusing on providing a good user experience in the Windows version of ReMake. 

You could use boot camp on Mac and run the windows version of Remake. Please visit this link for more information: (https://autodeskremake.squarespace.com/blog/2017/2/28/mac-version-to-retire

Thanking You.

Warmest Regards,

Rishov Barman

SQA Engineer, ReMake

Edited by Murali

Rishov Barman
Reality Capture
Message 19 of 32
daleworks
in reply to: barmanr

Are you kidding me, Windows is a better more stable platform for a graphical application? I haven't found Windows to be stable for anything.

Message 20 of 32
murali.p
in reply to: daleworks

Hi,

No we are not - and we meant "graphics" not "graphical"

It really came down to how robust the OS support is in terms of the libraries ReMake depends on. As many Mac users have found out, it was a frustrating experience and it was very hard for us to track those bugs which were very hardware and OS version specific. Again sorry about this.

Regards,

Murali

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report