Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remake for Mac - offline ?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
bassula.maria
1167 Views, 11 Replies

Remake for Mac - offline ?

Hello,

When is coming REmake for Mac offline edition ?

Thank you !

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

There are no plans to make an offline version of ReMake for the Macintosh.  The Mac version of ReMake is currently Beta and is not an officially supported product.  During the beta we have found issues with supporting the Mac as there are testing and development issues between OS releases, graphics card manufacturers, drivers and OS patches.  While the Mac is a great platform in general, it seems that our specialized use of GPU's is out of the normal use case that Apple develops and tests against.  It hasn't been a stable platform to build ReMake on since code that works one day is often broken the next day with each new OS or hardware change.   We are evaluating our Mac support options and will announce at a future date where we will go with the Beta.  As for local compute on the Mac: we don't recommend local compute on any device (mac or windows) except for experts and enterprises with deep pockets since it requires such a high end computer.  With local compute we've found customers often don't purchase a system with enough RAM and VRAM and their large projects don't solve, resulting in an expensive door stop.  For almost everyone the cloud is a much better option since you can use our big systems and let us take the risk if a job is too big to solve in the available RAM/VRAM.  Also, we are continually improving our algorithms and can deploy those improvements frequently to the cloud.

-Brian  Mathews

Autodesk

Message 3 of 12
keh222
in reply to: brianmathews

I unfortunately uninstalled ReMake from my Mac because I thought I could just download and reinstall it anytime in the future. Is there anywhere I could access the version that was previously available? I don't mind if it's not the most up to date, I just need to open some .rcm and export them to .obj files so I can use them in other applications.

Message 4 of 12
murali.p
in reply to: keh222

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will PM you to help you out.

Regards,

Murali 

Message 5 of 12
devangshah
in reply to: murali.p

Hello,

You may also use the following MAC installer which will work till end of March to convert any other files you might have. It is the same version you earlier had.

http://up.autodesk.com/2017/MMNTO/AutodeskReMake1172567.pkg

Regards,

Devang

Message 6 of 12
keh222
in reply to: devangshah

Thanks Devang!

Message 7 of 12
b.u.z
in reply to: murali.p

Hello,

could you help me out as well with a older mac version of ReMake ?

I have a student license, my computer is a Mac. I am working with remake since several month. But now the software doesn’t open any more.
When I try to open it, there is a window popping up which says « Download the newest version of Autodesk ReMake", when I chose yes I realize that there is only the Windows version, when I click on "no" the soft doesn't open at all.
Three month work that is now on the soft and I can not acceed to it. If Autodesk doesn't build any more Remake for mac ok, but I should at least be able to export my work.

I have the impression the soft has been blocked by autodesk ?

Many thanks for your help !

Brigitte

Message 8 of 12
benjamincampbell
in reply to: b.u.z

Brigitte,

Did you find a solution? I ran into the same issue and tried to install the Windows version using VirtualBox. I then made a photogrammetry model using ReCap360 but can't figure out how to edit or export it.

Message 9 of 12
b.u.z
in reply to: benjamincampbell

Benjamin,

I wrote to Autodesk, but no solution has been proposed for the use of the existing ReMake !
Hopefully I got some help from a PC owner to export all the files.
Unfortunatly Mac owner will have to quit Autodesk an find other software suppliers.
Message 10 of 12
murali.p

Hi,

We could help if you have data to export. Please PM me.

Thanks,

Murali

Message 11 of 12
cekuhnen

@b.u.z

You can give trnio a try

it is iOS based - testing it right now to see how precise the meshes are

the process to make the mesh is pretty fast which makes me a little concerned but then again this is photo digitizing not laser digitizing.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Message 12 of 12
b.u.z
in reply to: cekuhnen

Thank you, I will try !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report