Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with scaling object

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
masa.tsuboi
524 Views, 7 Replies

Problem with scaling object

Dear Madams/Sirs,

Hi. I am facing an issue with scaling 3D object in Autodesk Remake. I am using product version 117.24 (18) on macOS Sierra 10.12.1, via student license.

The problem started yesterday afternoon, when I was measuring linear distances between two points on Remake 3D objects. It worked fine for the first few, as it has been before, but suddenly scaling function stopped working. Since then, it does not seem working at all. A distance that I scaled to be 10 mm, for instance, is now measured as 5500 cm. 

I have tried to re-install the program and the issue stayed. It would be great to hear ideas for solution to my scaling problem. Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely yours,

Masahito

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi Masahito,

Thank you reporting this. We will fix this in the next update. For the time being, you can reset the scale and set it again for the first time. Also, setting the model scale using percentage or by specifying the x,y,z dimensions also works every time. It seems setting the scale by specifying distance between 2 points works only the first time.

Hope this helps.

-Karthik

Message 3 of 8

This is a big problem that I'm having with scaling.  I'm using the two point method and I'm lucky if it works even on the first attempt.  I hope that someone is working on this because it's kind of fundamental to the whole process.  

Message 4 of 8
amylauld
in reply to: masa.tsuboi

I am also having this problem. I scaled a measurement to 7.529m and it is measuring as 5760.67m.

I am using a model created in ReCap and export into Remake. Is only a problem with one model so far. I have tried the above suggestion but no joy.

Does anyone have a solution?

My dissertation is due on Monday and I would really rather not have to use interpolation to get this measurement. Especially considering I can't be sure that other measurements taken on the building would be scaled correctly according to the number above.

Many thanks!

Message 5 of 8
masa.tsuboi
in reply to: amylauld

Hi,

It seems that this will be fixed in the next update that is not yet launched. For the time being, what you can do is simply to scale objects ONLY ONCE. The first attempt works fine, but then, if you re-scale an object that has already been scaled, the measurement will be completely messed up. According to karthik.nathan, you can use percentage and xyz coordinate instead of scaling with distance of 2 points that work every time.

Good luck!

M

Message 6 of 8
dwyer.ama
in reply to: masa.tsuboi

I am having the same issue setting the scale using the distance method my selecting 2 points. I have included a ruler in my images to use the two point system to set the scale. I am unclear on how to set the model scale using percentage or by specifying the x,y,z dimensions as I was planning on selecting two points on the ruler. Could you inform me how I can accurately set the scale using either of these methods or when the new update will be available? Thank you. 

Message 7 of 8

I still have this problem very frequently and would love to see a fix for this.

Message 8 of 8
critesh
in reply to: BananaJuiceNomNom

Hello All,

This issue has been fixed and will be available in future update release.

Thanks,

Ritesh

Ritesh Chandawar
ReCap Pro, ReCap Photo, Dynamo, Fusion 360, Revit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report